MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday going to town.

OldMaineBear

I finally got out to see the world beyond the front window. My wife drove me to town so I could buy her a wonderful lunch.

That may sound funny, but this is my first winter being so disabled so I don't go out much on icy snowy ground. Today the snow and ice was slushy and I got good footing so we went.

I took some pictures for you to see what the aftermath of this horrid winter looks like.

Picture 1 is the plowed up snowbank at the end of our driveway. My wife's son has been doing the plowing with my truck. That snowbank got so monstrous that when he tried pushing it back more the tire actually spun off the rim when he tried to power push it back. Got it right back on as he had the equipment and the skills. The snowbank stayed as it was. That mound was over 10 feet tall. It's down to about 7 feet now. It can't melt fast enough for me.

Picture 2 is what the driveway looks like with the ice melting. It was deadly to walk on with two good feet under you before. My wife took one bad fall, but fortunately just hurt a little pride.

Picture 3 is a sure sign of Spring in Maine. The old cars are peeking up through the snow. Most people get crocuses or pussywillows, we get Jeep Wagoneers.

Picture 4 is the parking lot where she went in to shop at a salvage place. Every parking lot is like this. They ran out of room to put snow so the sacrificed some of the lot and just piled it up. Those buildings you see beyond the snow on the right are in Canada. The border bridge is behind the snow also. It's St Stephen, New Brunswick.

post-2014-1236496331_thumb.jpg

post-2014-1236496357_thumb.jpg

post-2014-1236496383_thumb.jpg

post-2014-1236496404_thumb.jpg

Thank you OMB for the pictures! It is hard to imagine without the pictures. Am so glad to hear that you were able to get out of the house! That is really great news! Take care.

It reminds me of our winter storm here, only nobody ran out of space to put the snow...I do hope you get spring soon. I, myself am wanting it BADLY. :)

((((OMB))))) I am so glad you were able to get out of the house. It feels so good to not be cooped up.

We are having the same snow issues here. It is tough to see around street corners when turning due to the high snow pack. Some did melt down this past week so that will help, but we are supposed to get a blizzard this week so here it comes again.

But spring IS on the way!

((((OMB))))))

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Glad you were able to get out and have a good day. :) Love your pictures. :)

I know what you mean about your driveway, ours looks like that too. I haven't been out since Saturday and it thawed since then. We are getting more snow right now, so will build up more from the sounds of it.

They are hauling the snow in town to empty lots. They use to dump it in the lake, but, since there is salt in it, they can't do that now. But, there are places where the snow is piled up too.

Stephanie, it is really nice once you get use to it. Of course I've lived around snow most of my life. :) Oh, I don't drive when the roads are covered with snow. I leave the driving to oldpine. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Thanks for sharing your pictures OMB! i had the 2 year old on my lap when I looked at them and he broke out in utter delight at them. He kept pointing at the screan and shouting "Go der! Sledding, Momma!" :D I guess you'd better get out the tabogan... ;)

Archived