MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We have had floods and it is raining again ...

SueC

This week has seen our town flooded, I was able to get home from work but many people were stranded wherever they happened to be. The floods came so quick no one was prepared. Now the waterways are all full and it is raining again. The good news is that the place we have just moved too didn't get water through, although 2 houses up the garage had water through it, and the roads around us wre flooded. We didn't get up to the hospital when the floods, hit, and apparently 400 people were stranded at the hospital. Now it is raining again, my girls have headed out of town as they have comittments in their own cities and we had a quick visit to the hospital before they left, so we missed getting to church. The church had 12 inches of water through it during the floods. We also bought a clothes drier as the old one died before we moved, and although I have been able to stay on top of the daily washing, the towels and sheets are more than I can dry on a rack.

So rain and more rain .... this is better than the drought that has affected many areas!

Archived