MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Preparation H

mommato3boys

Ok I learned something at mother's while I was there. Some of you may know this trick and some you may not so I thought I would share my new knowledge.

I am allergic to wasp and I was stung while I was in B'ham. I was watering my mother's plants and picked up a flower pot and was stung twice between the fingers. I go in the house and ask mother to call my sister to bring me one of my brother-in-laws cigarettes. Well my sister was not home but my bil brought me one of his cigarettes to put on it. Three benadryls and an hour later when my sister arrive it was still swelling and throbbing and she handed me the Preparation H. I looked at her like she had lost her mind but my hand was throbbing so bad I was willing to try anything. 10 minutes later the swelling was going down and it was no longer throbbing. The next morning you could not tell I had been stung at all.

So I am adding preparation h to the first aid kit

Wow. I had heard that a paste of water and meat tenderizer also worked, but it does make COMPLETE sense that something that reduces inflammation of tissues and removes irritation and redness would also work.

Thanks for sharing !

For bee stings, I would use lemon juice. Soak a cotton ball, or tissue with lemon juice and hold onto the site for a few minutes til it doesn't hurt anymore. If it does, repeat...but I never feel anything after one or two applications.

Hum, it may be too late. I've already got a rash with blisters. I got it yesterday while working cows. We have a set of corrals that is usually grown up when we worm and castrate. I saw a poison ivy vine on the tub gate so i got a stick and pulled it off and stomped it into the ground. While doing that, a part of it brushed up against my forearm. There is no water there so when i got home i used a special soap to that is made to remove the oil that causes the rash. I'm going to guess that it would have been worse since I broke out in less than 24 hours, slight cases takes me 2 to 3 days. I'll look into getting some of that soap though, poison ivy is a standard problem for us. My last bad case was xmas where my forearms were covered, it looked as though i was chemical burned and left me with horrible scars. :yar:

Next time i just might, may run there in the next day or so and spray everything, then we wont have to worry about poison ivy. I try to remember everything when we work cows over htere, we have to carry a lot of supplies since it in the middle of nowhere, no running water no electricity, we haul our horses there but really is only 8 miles from our house.

Archived