MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Powdered Eggs Issue

Arby, I'm not remembering which vendor you bought from? Harmony House? Well, anyway, exactly what does the instructions say to do? Are you reconstituting with water and then added the milk? or using the milk to reconstitute?

I just don't kn ow arby, I was doing a bit of googling trying to find some hints and didn't come up with anything much.

I think I would start with just the water, as directed. Have you tried that?

I was wondering about a tiny amount of the soy flour, remember someone mentioned using that as an egg replacement?

I tried scrambling mine up for the first time last night. I rehydrated with water and added a lil milk and they seemed normal to me.

I will try that, Trish. ( Wish I had a place where I could have my own chickens !). Mostly I used the powdered eggs in baking, but have occasionally run short of fresh eggs for breakfast, so was trying the powdered eggs to use in an omelette. This time it sorta went kaput!

If you use a hand egg beater to mix your powdered egg and water, it will add more air to it and help fluff it. Also, you can separately mix in this manner some powdered egg white and water and add it to your regular powdered egg mix---it will really fluff up then. You can even make meringues with powdered egg whites they fluff up so well. When I make omelets with powdered egg, this is what I do make them fluffy.

Morning Y'all!

Have any of you ever eaten a steak omlet at IHOP? Well, if you havent, let me tell you, they are HUGE!I would easily say mine was 5-6 inches tall, wrapped over twice. I asked the waitress how they got hem so big, and she said it was an IHOP secret. They added a little pancake mix to the eggs and then beat them slightly. I had forgotten thatuntil just now.. but I wonder if a complete mix (ya know, the just-add-wter kind) would fluff them up for ya nicely?

Worth a try. I have some powdered eggs with bacon I got from an odd place (it is actually mountain house labeled though) and I think I am going to give it a try this weekend for our big breakfast.

CGA - More eggs than you know what to do with!! how many chickens do you have? I am SO jealous! We will be getting 4 pullets to start with (we are kinda still in the city and I dont want to push my luck starting out) I dont even know we will get any eggs this year, but man, I'm hopin!

Maranatha!

If you whip up the egg whites separately first, you get a meringue quality and your omelet will be very fluffy.

And No, shaking in a jar does not incorporate air in to the mixture that the mixture does.

It never occurred to me that a restaurant would put pancake mix in an omelet. I'll have to make sure that I never let daughter eat an omelet out. (Not that we out often.)

I only have less than two hundred chickens right now, give or take a few. I also have ducks, geese, guineas, turkeys, quail, and pheasants. I've not really been breeding this yr.

Archived