MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Breakfast pies

Do something a bit different for breakfast.

Put a can of applesauce or other fruit in a saucepan. Thicken with quick oats or whole grain flour. Add a little cinnamon, salt and butter.

Take some flour tortillas and brown one side in butter. Put it on the plate and put in some fruit filling, fold over to make your pie.

I also like to scramble up some eggs and crumble in some bacon or sausage. If there are any left over potatoes I'll add some. (I also like to boil up a bunch of potatoes and keep them in the fridge so they can be cooked up quickly.) Use this for a filling in your tortilla.

Those sound like good ideas. I will have to give them a try. I am thinking that not only will they taste good, they would be a "fun" food that my grandkids might like. Thank you for sharing. I hadn't thought of torillas for breakfast, but it sounds like a great idea.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DH will put ANYTHING in tortillas. Can't hardly keep up with them. If I want to deep fry some up for salsa chips, I have to hide them quick after I make them, or he will eat them all. Shoulda made more today....maybe later. He usually goes to bed before me, so I could *hide* some for dippin. ;)

Archived