MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Yoo Hoo......Nana

Dee

I opened a jar of corn chowder last night. It's the recipe you posted. My but it was good. So filling and rich and delicious. Had some homemade zucchini bread and a fresh orange and voila a delicious meal. Thanks!!!

Isn't it great having some home made soup made just the way you like it just as quick as it takes to open a jar. I can't stand store bought canned soup but I love my home canned stuff. I found this video for canned beef vegetable soup which is made similar to the way I do mine. I like to measure the ingredients into each jar so they all come out the same.

This lady is one of the better canners putting videos on you tube, I have watched some by others that downright scared me.

Isn't it great having some home made soup made just the way you like it just as quick as it takes to open a jar. I can't stand store bought canned soup but I love my home canned stuff. I found this video for canned beef vegetable soup which is made similar to the way I do mine. I like to measure the ingredients into each jar so they all come out the same.

This lady is one of the better canners putting videos on you tube, I have watched some by others that downright scared me.

I wonder how old this lady's stove is?

Gals, the ingredients are fine, it is just that this needs to be a hot packed food, not raw packed. Soups are always done as a hot pack. Put all the ingredients in a big pan with water. Then, the contents of jars of soup are filled half full of the solids, the other half of the jar needs to be water or broth.

Process pints 65 min. Quarts 75 min.

You can check out the safe method for soups here :

http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_04/soups.html

Archived