MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold Thursday

Dee

Good morning!

I think we set a new low with our temperature last night. At 7:40 it's still -12. Isn't that just ducky :tapfoot:

Today is another day of play, well all but the drs. appt. this morning. I have bridge at 9:00 and meeting a friend for Chinese for lunch. The last week of the month I have a couple of play days and it's really quite fun. I will admit, however, I wouldn't want to go like this all the time. I'm really rather a stay at home.

So, what's happening in your neck of the woods today?

We got an unexpected 4 inches yesterday, all dumped on us suddenly during rush hour. My commute home normally takes 15 minutes, but I was on the road 50. It covered the cars as we were creeping along, making it dangerous to change lanes because you couldn't see anything. And all the traffic ground it all to horribly slippery slush. I wasted away the rest of the night reading and chatting to wind down after that.

Good Afternoon,

I have a feeling that it will be afternoon 2 days a week before I can log on. ;) DD had preschool this morning so we piled in the car and did the normal 50 minute drive praying for safe travels. The roads were amazingly clean minus a few spots where the drifts had started but we took the back road home and they were great after having lunch with grandma and grandpa (aka my parents), an aunt and cousin.

vigilant20, you made the news last night for the amount of snow you received. Granted we are about 3 hours away from each other but it was still neat to see the city and put the connection together.

So the kids and I are hanging out until DH calls back to let me know where he left the grocery money. I have a feeling grocery shopping will be mommy time when everyone goes to bed tonight.

Blizzard here but it didn't stick. Don't laugh it was snowing so hard I could barely see the building next to me. I actually felt sorry for the students trying to get to class. But like I said it didn't stick, the ground was too warm (thank goodness for the 60* weather this past weekend) however, the wind takes your breath away out there.

It's Thursday!!!! Just one more work day and it is supposed to be pretty this weekend.

Good Evening All

I think it hit the 70s today again. It is my 3rd day off of three so back to work tomorrow. The spring cleaning bug has hit me (lightly) LOL Organizing closets and cleaning walls, etc. Made a roast in the crockpot and roasted some veggies in the oven. It always feels good to have the house and occupants (2 furry ones in particular) clean and fresh smelling!

Sure hope it warms up soon for you all in the frozen North! And East and South!

Have a great tomorrow!

Wow, snow, rain and freezing temperatures. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...................

Snapshot, I think it did get into the 70's. Our heat was set at 71 and it's 72 in our house after dark. The heater hasn't come on all day.

I opened all the windows and cleaned too. But, they are forecasting another storm for this weekend.

I think we will feel the brunt of summer, with the way it is going, we're probably in for a couple months of 120+, plus humidity.

Archived