MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wicked Wednesday

Dee

Morning everyone :wave:

I say it's wicked because I'm going gambling today. Have wanted to go for weeks but haven't gotten there and DH said this morning let's go after chores. He doesn't gamble but I love to play those slot machines. It's been almost a year since I've been there so hardly addicted but do enjoy playing once in awhile. I've walked away with winnings a couple of times but the norm is to lose. As my Dad used to tell me, "they don't build those beautiful buildings on your winnings". I limit myself to X$ and then go home, doesn't take long. :)

I have a haircut at 3:30 and a meeting to go to tonight so my day is pretty well taken care of.

Tell us what's up in your world today? :grouphug:

Sister called this am and her step son got suspended from school yesterday and she wanted to know if I had anything for him to do that he wasn't going to just sit around and do nothing....I have plenty! Have LOTS of pecans still on the ground that need to be picked up, my craft/crack house needs to be painted, putting in new planting beds, etc. This might be a good thing for me and hopefully a lesson for him.

DH worked all night and is sleeping a couple of hours before doing a Patriot Guard funeral at noon. I am hoping the rain holds off until later as it's hard and dangerous for him to ride with the big flags on his bike in the rain. :americanflag:

Need to go get some chicken in the crock pot so we can have an easy dinner for church night. The FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) is having a concert tonight with 3 bands for the kids. Really loud music...YEAH!!! I must be getting old.... :wacko:

Good morning all,

We got rain again yesterday, it's broken state records for the most rain. Everything is green and they are warning for a bad fire season.

Today will be the same routine as yesterday and probably tomorrow. LOL

Might make some stir fry & fried rice for our meal.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good morning!

It's gray and overcast here so I think taking the kids for a walk is going to have to wait. I'm just not interested in pushing a stroller a mile out to push it a mile back in the rain.

DS has an appointment this afternoon to be fitted for his "night-night shoes", what the doctor's office calls them (aka: braces). Hopefully, the doctor is on the money with he will only need to wear them for 6 or 8 weeks at night. Both of his legs below the knee curve so we are trying to correct it while he is little.

Library classes started for both kids last night and they loved them. They made a few instant friends which would be nice to have close to home. The friends are siblings, my kids are a little older but it's fine. I thought I had it rough - they little girl is 2 1/2 and the twins (one of each) are 1 1/2. :bow:

I was able to do the first turning of the raised beds and hoping I can do it again today. I should start dinner soon, too. We are having chicken of some sort.

DH came home yesterday and told me there is a lady looking for someone to watch her kids 3 days a week. The little girl is the same age as DD and the little boy is the same age as DS. I'm torn on doing it or not just because I already do work for the family firm from home and I like the "freedom" to do things on little or no notice with my 2. I did ask for the information to see if it would even work with our preschool schedule. The money would be very handy.

Annarchy~ stirfry sounds so good!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi All!

I am just getting ready to jar up the bread and butter pickles and we are going to dinner with a $10 coupon I got from a friend. It expires next week so we better use it! Rest of the day we are just relaxing.

I hope you have had a winning day, Dee! And we haven't gotten as much rain as you this year, Annarchy!

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Archived