MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Interesting Old fashioned Recipe Book online

Lots of wonderful information here.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15464...-h/15464-h.htm

There were alot of tips I didn't know...I guess lost over the generations. Here's one of them:

If fat is used for deep fat frying as croquettes, doughnuts, fritters, etc., while fat is still hot, add a few slices raw potato and allow it to stay in the fat until it is cool. Remove potato—strain fat, allow to harden and it is ready to use. The potato absorbs odors from fat.

• 1 month later...

many, many,many thanks for steering me to this site. I printed up the whole thing (yup, it cost me some...) I have a real thing for wartime cookbooks, esp those that discuss rationing.

many, many,many thanks for steering me to this site. I printed up the whole thing (yup, it cost me some...) I have a real thing for wartime cookbooks, esp those that discuss rationing.

How many pages did it take for printing? Thanks

KatMom, I just copied it all to a word document and it stared out at 135 pages. :faint3: Afte I deleted all the extra line spaces and what I thought I didn't want/need, it is now at 83 pages.

:wormie2:

John

KatMom, I just copied it all to a word document and it stared out at 135 pages. :faint3: Afte I deleted all the extra line spaces and what I thought I didn't want/need, it is now at 83 pages.

:wormie2:

John

Thanks

Archived