MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday Nite in Oklahoma, Tornadoes hit badly

sassenach

Hoping that if any of you are in Oklahoma that you have remained safe during the many tornadoes hitting in your state and anyone further along as those storms go northeast , east.

Take care and let us know if you need anything here, please. :pray: for all affected.

Quite afew injuries in some areas and some areas have seen multiple twisters and everything from roofs taken off to and EF3 estimate so far.

Between this, Nashville rains and floods in TN, and the Gulf..... theres just so much going on.

I can handle the still frosty nights here, its such a small thing when I see all this other stuff going on. My heart goes out to you all.

:bighug2:

We have spent the last couple of hours going back and forth into the cellar. Some houses were lost to the west of us. We saw lots of rotation but nothing really damaged in town. Up around OKC/Norman area they are reporting 5 deaths, many injuries and lots of damage. Whole neighborhoods are gone.

I checked the radar at 4pm and 5pm and there was nothing on it. At 6pm the sirens were going off and there was a visible tornado 2 miles west of my house. Sirens went of again around 7 pm and 8 pm. Oklahoma weather is crazy!!

Blessings to all,

BB

Goodness! And to think I get scared and worried about thunderstorms!!! I'd really be in a panic if we had a tornado. We do have occ'l warnings about them here in S.Ont. but we're not in the typical tornado belt. Straight line winds I worry about too...get those at times. Keep safe!

GOODAFTERNOONBIRDSANDFLOWERS.jpg

Glad you are ok.

:pray: for those who have lost their homes and those who have lost loved ones.

I know what you mean about the thunder storms, our dog is so afraid of the noise. :( I don't like them but, we have the basement to go to if needed.

We have had rain and more rain these past days now, excpet for Sunday, it was really nice. We haven't had the thunder and that is good.

hugsgirlandflowers.gifHAVEAGOODDAY12gif.gif

Glad you are ok so far! I hope any others of our site membership are ok too. I just got back and have been putting groceries away, figured I better buy the big bag of sugar, and was so glad to see dried and canned fruits costing less right now.

Remembered my fishing license and some worms and the rule book for my state fishing regs, so I am set. ( The talk of thunderstorms is something that gets to me too sometimes. A crack of lightening can echo around the ridge here, sounds incredible when they go off overhead directly because of that! ) I get nervous with them and will be careful when I go out to fish because I have to walk everywhere to do the fishing. Thanks for the reminder ! :blink:

Probably go fishing tomorrow morning!

Archived