MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Thursday on the Farm

Dee

Morning glories :bouquet:

Of course, it's Thursday, almost everywhere, but I couldn't think of a topic title this morning.....sorry! ;)

Anyway, surprise, surprise, it's rainy, dreary and cold here. Tomorrow the suns to shine and I'm sure it'll pick up my spirits. I am sooooo ready for sunshine.

This morning I'm getting a haircut at 9:15 and then babysitting the "perfects" the rest of the day. It will be fun but I'll be pooped by tonight. Mom is going to Des Moines to shop (100 miles from here) so it'll be a long day for she and I both.

I figure as long as I can't get outside to work I'll get my running, babysitting, teaching, etc. done so I can tell everyone to leave me alone when the sun shines and it's dry and warm..

What a rambling post this is. You all have a great day and let us know what you're up to! :grouphug:

GOODMORNING4-2.gif

Sounds like you will have a busy day today, Dee. :) Enjoy those little ones.

Been rainy and cloudy here for the past week or more except for one day/Sunday, and think we have gotten around 3 inches of rain now these past couple weeks. This is good as this is the first real rain we have gotten since the snow left us. Just give us a month and we will be wishing for some of these rainy days.

We had a safe trip yesterday and with the tests done, we could do a bit of shopping. :) Ok, so you want to know what I found out about my allergies, I am allergic to my dog, but, I am not, do not have to get rid of her. :) I am allergic to: trees, birch trees, Kochia, molds, dust, and just think about what is going on in my house now. There is NO way I can get to so much of the dust. :( We still have so much stuff piled in the living room as the kitchen is far from done.

I was surprised that the pollen was so far down on the list, as was grass, seems I am not allergic to that at all. If that is the case, why do I break out in the weeds and grass? Good question, didn't think of it yesterday or I would have mentioned it.

Now, I need some natural cure/ help for this problem. I can either: 1. do nothing other than what I have been doing, 2. take 3 drops of something under my tongue a day, or 3. take a shot a week. I would rather have something that will take care of it that won't hurt/harm my body any more than it has been already.

Anyway, we saw our DS, DIL and 2 grandsons for a little bit too, of course after all was said and done, we didn't have much time with them. :( Maybe next time.

HUGS3.jpgHAVEANICEDAYFLOWERSANDBUTTERFLIES.gif

Good Morning!

Sunny and hot here, I've watered the lawn, trying to keep it looking green, at least until my family comes and goes the first of June. It's been hot enough that everything is already turning an olive green with a tint of light brown. The news says we should reach 100 today or maybe tomorrow. I'm really not ready for the heat. It's been a challenge to keep enough water on the garden with water rationing and restrictions, but cooling down at night to the 70's which is the only thing keeping my plants from frying.

It is tiime for me to gear up the day and get motivated.

Dee, good to see you've got your computer back. Enjoy your "perfects".

Snowmom, amazing how love can control alergies sometimes. Glad to hear you found out what's causing them.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

We had more storms this am and there was horrible thunder and lightening. All of a sudden I heard the loudest clap of thunder and the whole front of my house lit up. I thought it had knock my electricity out because the tv went off as well as the surround sound and the cable box but soon realized it had fried not only the whole entertainment center in our main room but also the tvs in my room and in DD's room. I had everything in surge protectors so I am thinking it had to be through the cable wires.

My son had just brought his brand new 46" tv for us to 'take care' of while he does his internship up in Pittsburg and it seems to be fine.

If I didn't still have the 3DDs at home I think I would sale everything and buy a few acres with a camper to live in. Getting tired of having to take care of 'stuff'.

Other than that everyone is healthy and relatively happy so I guess life is good...lol

Blessings to all,

BB

It was cold, rainy and storming here today,, what a dreary day! It's supposed to be nice this weekend, so we are looking forward to that.

Our baby chicks are doing great - we got them about two weeks ago- they are getting big!

My son had some oral surgery done and i'm thankful that went well.

We will see what tomorrow holds!

Thursday is over - But we made it OK....................

Lori and I had to run the Greenhouse business all by ourselves on Thursday!

There was an Amish Wedding in the area and ALL the Amish went so that left us to run things at Tin's Greenhouse.

Oh what a busy day we had as this is the week to plant things outside. Started at 7 am uncovering everything outside as we had a slight frost ( cold frames all have covers and then blankets on top of some as well. Opened all the windows and doors and set stuff out before the first cosumers at 8:30. So busy we didn't get to eat Dinner until 2:30 and then had to take turns.

But we had a lot of fun and made money too.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived