MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Friday Forum!!!

snapshotmiki

Good Morning Ladies!

It is warming up here in Southwestern New Mexico! 91 today and 96 tomorrow, 98 Sunday I think.

This week we have been putting stuff on ebay as my dh is not working yet. 13 items listed and they start ending tomorrow. We were given the contents of a storage unit for free so we have plenty of "stuff". Haven't done much else except clean house and cook of course.

This morning (before it heated up) I roasted a whole chicken stuffed with garlic cloves, lemons and onions. Carrots and potatoes around the chicken.

What are you folks up to today? Something fun, I hope!

Picked our first "mess" of green beans and got 3 yellow squash from a neighbor, so supper will be planned around that.

Hot here today also, up in the high 90s.

Youngest DD and I went to yard sales this morning. I got 2 cases of canning jars for $2, an old wood chair with a pretty spade back for $2, a large sheet of pegboard for $1, and DD got a hampster habitat and a large disco ball.

It is in the mid 90's here today and SO humid. I think I will paint my bathroom today. We put in a new tub surround about a month ago and I still haven't been in there to paint all the trim and wall they replaced. DH has vacation next week and the kids will be at camp so I need to see if there is anything going on that DH and I can go do for a couple of days that isn't too far away. Most likely we will head to the DFW area.

Hope everyone is staying cool in this heat.

Blessings,

BB

We went to a small Ice Cream place in town. Has the best Ice Cream. There is always a line there and today is no exception.It's a bit pricey so we don't go very often.

U Pick strawberries place is open so tomrrow I might do that.

I've got 5 lbs. of carrots in the dehydrator. Been sick, havn't done much last 4 days. 88 here in west TN., with rain every afternoon.

:wormie2:

John

:woohoo: Our portable evaporative air cooler just came UPS! Good timing! I know it is just a fancy name for a fan with a water pan behind it but it works great! And we need small and portable.

We went looking for yard sales -more stuff for ebay- this morning but did not find one! Guess there are not so many retirees here. In Quartzsite, we could have a sale on a Tuesday and make good money! There is very little to do there-except in January.

Also from UPS I received my barometer,altimeter, compass, thermometer,weather forecaster,clock and calender (all in one).

That's for the BOB!

Sure wish I could do the gardening thing but I will have my hands full trying to really use my grain grinder, meat grinder, sieve,learning to make sourdough starter, canning meat and sewing a waitress skirt--with pockets right in the front. Not much room to garden in the rv park anyway. I am thankful that I have had the oppurtunity to purchase all these items but not really knowing how to use them all is like having a gun and not knowing how to shoot it. <_<

HAPPY DOUGHNUT DAY!!! :happy0203:

In honor of the day, when I had to make a quick run to the store to finish supper, I bought some. :feedme:

(Hubby and lilDD finished off my sweet pickles, and I have to have them for my potato salad. :angry: )

Looks like we may have some strong storms later tonight.

My 'puter is SOOOO slow lately, so DS is going to be working on it, and we'll order and install more RAM. I have it backed up now, so he'll come clean it off and reinstall the necessities. So I may be kind of scarce, whenever he comes to do it.

:bighug2:

Archived