MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Soggy Iowa Saturday

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

On this day in history, "Disneyland opens its doors in rural Orange County." I remember going to Disneyland the year it opened.....I was 8. Many years ago but gosh it was fun and yes, back then, Orange County was pretty rural with orange groves right in neighborhoods.

We got another inch of rain last night. Don't need it but hey, it's better than drought which some are having.

I've been up since 5:00 getting my cinnamon rolls going. They're now cooling on the counter and will be frosted in an hour or so. I have 6 black raspberry pies wrapped and ready to go and will have probably 5 plates (4 on a plate) of cinnamon rolls. Also have a few potatoes and turnips to take. I'll go out to the gardens soon and see what else might be ready to take. I know there are 1/2 a dozen green peppers but don't know about cukes. It'll be nice when the gardens are producing too much to keep up with but I'm not really complaining. So far I'm really enjoying this farmer's market thing. It's alot of work but it's such fun seeing the venders each week, meeting new people and having them come back the next week.

Breakfast is over, my 2nd cup of coffee is finished and I can't think of another reason to keep sitting here so I'm off to get dressed and get outside.

What's going on in your world today? Hope it's something you enjoy...remember it's Saturday! :grouphug:

Do black raspberries taste like the red ones?

I am guessing you find it profitable to take baked goods to the market? Or just keeping your place for when you veggies?

Good Morning All!

Yard sailing this morning, I got 4 cases of pints and halfs jars for $5 and a mini hand crank ice cream maker for $2. I have a chicken carcass cooking down for soup and will make biscuits later to go with.

Got a good nights sleep last night and feel much better this morning. I had forgotten how quickly no sleep can make me depressed. No more MSG if I can help it (and remember to look on packages).

Dee-- I went to DisneyWorld the year it opened. They had a special day for State workers and their families so the lines were almost non existent. Remember having lots of fun!

Good Afternoon~

It's sunny and hot here, no storms in sight. Dee ~ if you wouldn't mind sending it a little east, we could use a good rain storm.

It's been a multi-tasking morning. Garden and patio were watered this morning and finished a little after 8. The patio was poured on Wednesday so one more day of spraying it down and it should be good. (I have no idea why I'm doing it, but the guy who did it for us said to, so.....) I was able to get half a dozen more blackberries off of the vines this morning so maybe by the end of summer I'll have enough to make jam :rolleyes: .

I have blueberry butter in the crockpot with about 2 more hours before I can start processing it but the house smells WONDERFUL!!!!! I need to make a run to WM (DD won't do any additional stops this morning) for 1/2 pints and lids. The recipe reads it only makes 3 half-pints but it looks like it will make more. The dozen ears of corn I picked up yesterday have been cleaned and most of it blanched and working on taking off the cob and getting in the fridge - only 5 dozen more to go, thank goodness they are being canned. I think I'm going to try and tackle blueberry rhubarb jam still today but we'll see how tired I am after the current goings.

Dee~ I hope the farmers market went well! The cinnamon rolls sound wonderful, maybe breakfast tomorrow.

Miki~ Congrats on the yard sale finds and finally getting some sleep!

Have a wonderful day!

You had me at cinnamon rolls... :)

Me too!!!!!!

This am we went to the Stratford Arts/Crafts/Peach Festival for the first time. I planned on picking up lots of peaches but they were more expensive than I can buy them locally.They had a few craft booths but mostly mass produced shirts, purses, jewelry, etc. It was SO hot that we walked quickly from one shaded area to the next to cool off. At least now I can say I have been there...lol

It has been so hot that I haven't done anything outside this week but quickly get things watered. My dh says my plants are my Morticia Addams garden....I definately don't have a green thumb anymore. At our old house I could stick anything in the ground and it would grow like crazy and be beautiful ....my neighbors hated me.

Blessings,

BB in Oklahoma wishing for a cool front soon!!!

Saturday was a big cleaning day for me. My boys' room was a DISASTER and had been that way for a long time. My boys are not very good at cleaning so I said I would clean it eventually. I had a dream the night before that someone came to our house and had a fit over the mess, I took it as a sign that I should probably stop procrastinating.

I also did a deep cleaning of the main bathroom, mopped the floors and moved some homeschool stuff to make room for food storage.

So much fun! Ha ha!

Archived