MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Drippy Thursday

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

It's another rainy morning here in Northern Iowa. We had 2" overnight with more to follow until noon. Some places have really been dumped on again so we're fortunate and trying not to complain.

I'm playing bridge this morning. It's always fun, this once a month club. The hostess will serve a delicious breakfast and then we'll play.

I have a pork roast in the crockpot for DH for dinner and for him to eat on while I'm in Des Moines for the weekend.

Let us know what you're doing today. :grouphug:

Good Morning Dee--I am just listing a couple of items on ebay this morning, then doing some printing.

Will be making PB cookies for DH later and cornbread to go with dinner. I am going to fry some Treet to go with leftover baked beans. I don't recall liking Treet but I will use it anyway and then decide if I want to get more.

Listening to Big Band Music on the radio

Hope you are having fun at your game and that the rain stops by noon Dee. We are having monsoon rains every afternoon lately. Todays high is 85 and tomorrow 82.

Have a great day everyone!

Good evening,

It's been a long day. Hot in the desert this morning, 108. By the time I drove to 4000' altitude, the temps dropped into the 90's and a small rain shower cleaned my windshield actually dropping the temp into the 80's. 6 hours later, I'm in El Paso, 95 and raining on the other side of the mountain.

During my trip, I passed a semi truck, "Dee's" fresh foods. I smiled and thought of you and your farm Dee. Then, as I passed the intersection to Silver City, I thought of snapshotmiki. And there's a little town along the way that always reminds me of Darlene, which in turn causes me to wonder how everyone here is doing.

MIL is doing as good as expected. She's concerned about her health, osteoporosis is advancing, her thyroid is acting up and she thinks she had another TIA last night that left her weak all day today. She's given me my ToDo list and I gave her the cartoon videos we will watch while I'm here. Bolt & Princess Frog.

Sometimes, there's a triumph to just getting through the day in one piece.

So very true. With the mirad of other things that were done before I left this morning, when I read that, it made my day.

I hope you all are doing ok.

Archived