MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Already?

mommafitz

Good Morning Ya'll! :wave: I'm currently :pc_coffee: and enjoying it this early morn. :wink (2):

These quiet moments can be so rejuvenating.

We have had an eventful week. We took DS2 to college on Thursday because football camp is 2 weeks prior to school starting. DS2 was noticibly quiet for a week or so. I assumed it was going-away-from-home jitters. Friday morning, at DS2 request, DH heads out of town to bring him home. He decided not to play football. Turns out that he's been stressing over the fact that if he plays football (like he's done for 12 years) he will have little time for study. He is on a full academic scholarship and if he doesn't keep a specific GPA each year he will lose all his money from the school. (We are talking a 4 year total of over $160,000. :happy0203: ) Boy, were we all surprised. Now THAT was a very adult decision. He knows his limits and what he wants. He wasn't awarded the schools highest scholarship for nuttin'! :thumbs:

So he will return to college on Wednesday with the rest of his things. Classes start on the 23rd I think.

We are still stumbling over boxes. I will be sooooo glad to get this house settled and comfy. :woohoo:

Today will be spent doing errands (including another library visit). Maybe I can actually get stuff done this weekend. :bounce:

Ya'll have a great day!!!!!!

mommafitz

Morning mommafitz and everyone to follow :bouquet:

Good for DS2. Football is such an important part of school life but keeping those grades up to keep his scholarship is much MORE important. Such a good decision must make his mama proud!

It's sunny here and only 68 degrees.....nice! It's farmers' market morning and I did NO baking. I have enough produce to keep me going this morning so the baking was put aside.

We have a family potluck after farmers' market so will be a busy day here.

You all have a good day. :grouphug:

Well, thank goodness it's pneumonia, not West Nile. Doc started me on steroids (which I hate taking) and antibiotics. I'm feeling a little better, but don't have the energy to get done everything I need to. DD#3 is headed to a family reunion with the neighbors, and all the rest of us are doing what chores we can.

Well, thank goodness it's pneumonia, not West Nile. Doc started me on steroids (which I hate taking) and antibiotics. I'm feeling a little better, but don't have the energy to get done everything I need to. DD#3 is headed to a family reunion with the neighbors, and all the rest of us are doing what chores we can.

Went yard sailing this morning to little avail. We did get some small speakers for the tv for $3. At Walmart, they want $109 for the only type they have. We had to buy a $6 adaptor but still a great deal. I got a big box of candles for 50 cents. That's it. Have a chicken in the crockpot for dinner and intend to take it easy the rest of the day.

Moldy- I hope you feel better soon!

Dee- I hope you sell out this morning!

And Mommafitz- That's a smart young man you have there!

Good Afternoon,

A lone male grackle is hanging around the water dish, his mouth open panting in the heat, cocking his head at me as I ran an armload of laundry out to the machines. The blast of heat causing my stride to slow slightly on the return to the blast of cool inside. An incentive to wipe the drops off my brow and tackle cleaning the next room. A haro of pinto beans slow simmer on the stove competing with the smell of cleaning solutions being used to remove the dust and dirt that has coated everything in the past week from dust storms and traffic in and out, while my favorite music drifts through the air lifting my spirit in worship.

Finished reading a book this morning, a goal I had set is now achieved! After marking it off my mental list, I pondered the next priority of the day, week, month and year..... so many possibilities!

And where do I find myself? Checking on my 'family' here. :happy0203:

I hope you feel better soon, moldy, pneumonia isn't good. :pray:

May you all have a wonderful day.

And it looks like, I'll finish the day out for us~

Good evening everyone,

Exhaustion has set in and instead of going to bed, I'm posting here. :rolleyes: I'm going to have to get on the stick and start canning again on Monday (old friend of mine's DD turned 2 today, celebration tomorrow :bdaycake: ). I picked up several pounds of bananas to dehydrate but can't plug the dehydrator in. It's in the dining room and not sure if the outlet is just stubborn or what but I'm going to have to find a solution tomorrow :shrug: . We decided to make real smores tonight (over a campfire and not in the microwave, which you can do when the feeling hits you all of my other midwestern loves). So he have a small fire in the firepit going DS was just interested in walking around with a pointy stick and being told to stay away from the fire. DD just wanted to eat plain, "not black", marshmallows. Ah, the best of intentions with 2 toddlers.

DH and I took both of the kids to the wake for DD's preschool teacher's husband (Dear family friends for me - 30+ years). I had explained to her that he was in heaven with God and not here anymore. Well, we pay our respects are talking to the daughter (DD and her DD are best friends) and DD asks DH who is laying in that bed? DH explains to her that it's Mr. so and so. She comes up to me and says, "Mommy, Mr. so and so isn't in heaven with God, he's right there sleeping in that bed." :blink: So, then I had to explain to her that his spirit was in heaven. She'll be 4 in December, what is next year going to be like?!?!?!?

Mommafitz~ Congratulations and kudos to you and DH for raising such a responsible young man and to him for knowing his limits and following his heart!

Dee~ :cheer: , The garden is in!!!!

Moldy~ rest!

Miki~ Great find on the speakers!

Annarchy~Hope all of the cleaning is finished. How was the book?

I'm going to check one other thing and call it a night.

:bighug2:

Archived