MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Toe Tapping Tuesday

Dee

Good morning everyone :cele:

I've been babysitting my grands this morning. Didn't want to get up and go over there this rainy dreary morning but DDIL had to leave by 6:00 and needed help. They put some life in my step as they work up and each snuggled in my lap until they were really awake. What a good feeling having little people cuddle up!!!

The other Grandma came and took over about 9:45 and I'm home. Now that I'm here I'm ready to lay back in the recliner and take a little snooze. Ah, this retired life is tough! :behindsofa:

After dinner (lunch) I'm off to town to run errands and see a couple of friends. All in all a slow but nice day.

What are you up to? :grouphug:

Beautiful, sunny day here. I'm getting a late start today. Brother and I were in line to use the microwave-he was home for lunch, and I'm just getting oatmeal for breakfast lol! I do have a pan of pear preserves ready for cooking though. I guess I better get moving. Hope everyone will have a great Tuesday!

It's a nice sunny day here.

I've had a headache off and on for 2 days now. They are harvesting beans and corn across the raod so I think that is most of it.I love fall ,it just doesn't love me.

I'm trying to get things reorganize around the house. DD2 went from kids size 10-12 to Jr's in one summer. She is now as tall as her sister so I'm going thru all her clothes.

I am getting the bedrooms cleaned out so I can paint and we are patching the walls now. It has only taken 8 paint sample colors for me to find the right color.

DD's found the righ tcolor with 3 samples. Son said " just white Mom and don't tell me there are 4000 different shades of white." Dh doesn't care, just pick one.

Really nice afternoon here in SW NM! Dogs are clean and fluffy (to their dismay). Potato salad is made. I got cheap potatoes and have no dehydrator right now. I made toothpowder for the next few months. That's about all on my list for the day. Just got word that we will be getting some fresh elk or deer in the next few days so I will be canning that but I don't know how much or when so I'm not sure what jars to get out yet.

Hope you all have a good evening!

Been over helping mom out all day--she is having an arthritis (sp?) attack and can barely move--so went over and did laundry and cooked and grocery shopped for her--had a great time visiting--I sure am loving being close to home to help out.

On my way to the big city tomorrow to get the new appliances--I FINALLY found a plumber willing to come out here to the country to put new lines in and hook up new appliances :woohoo: Maybe I will be cooking again soon!!!!!

Still wishing for some rain...

Worked day shift. Before leaving home, I saw Mom and Dad off that have been visiting for a week. We filled their car with goodies for everyone back 'home'. Later Dh and I moved wome of our 'eggs'. We try not to leave all our 'eggs' in one 'basket'. One thing that drove the idea home for me was reading "The 900 Days'. It's an old book, hard to find, and pretty boring. It is about the siege of Leningrad during WWII and is very preparedness-minded. These folks had stored most of their flour and sugar in warehouses on the shoreline. It was one of the first areas bombed by the Germans. Later, they dug burnt sugar out of the soil and ate it as candy. Thousands died from starvation, but the story is hard to find, as the Soviet government didn't really want it publicized.

Finished the day by canning some tomato sauce and heading to bed early for a 12 hour shift Wednesday starting at 4 am.

Archived