MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanksgiving Thursday... ?

Cat

The tooth has settled into some localized soreness in my jaw, but it's much better than before, Wormie. It's manageable. Thanks for asking in the Shout box.

My computer has been acting up. Seems the monitor and the 'puter box are arguing, and while the monitor gave in and started communicating before, now it refuses to do so. (I'm guessing it's female???? :sad-smiley-012: )

So I have to use DH's laptop, and I can't stand it. It's not great. I might be scarce until it's fixed or replaced. Replaced? Like THAT'S going to happen any time soon. <_< Tires have to come first.

Weather's wet and turning to freezing or snow later... Thanks, western state friends. :tapfoot: Like you couldn't just drain it out THERE???

Anyway, I still have much to be thankful to God for, and I am.

:grouphug:

I'm happy your tooth is better.:)

I know a place you can get a used computer cheap and I know someone that can fix monitors or he might have another monitor for sale, but I know how fast money can fly out the window.

I hope it doesn't freeze untill we get my Mom back to the nursing home after we go out to the buffet and then go see DD1. My Mom and FIL haven't seen her in 3 months and for BIL's family it been about a year.

It's been a hard year but I 'm thankful that God has provided a strong support group to help me get through it.

Thanking God your tooth is beginning to feel better Cat.

DH decided he wanted a smoked turkey along with the Cornish hens. So, yesterday, MIL & I found a fresh one unfrozen and it baked for 3 hours. Today it goes into the smoker with the hens.

Everyone is still tucked in bed and I don't expect them up for a couple more hours, which should give me time to get some things done.

My Aunt sent me a couple more poetry manuscripts to make into books. I'm milling over what drawings need to be done to accomplish that for her. She asked for a drawing on each page... :faint3:

(Pulling out my "Around To It" and adding it to my "ToDo" list.)

My dear sister is hanging in there, she is spending the day alone and says she will enjoy the quiet time. My niece posted pictures of my mom on face book and I cried when I saw her photos. I miss my momma. *sigh*

I hope everyone has a great day, full of love, fellowship and food.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so glad your mouth feels a little better, Cat! Today is an easy day for me. I did the laundrey this morning and made pumpkin bars and 5 bean salad yesterday for our potluck at the park. Might put up the Christmas tree outside today. It is quite cool right now--11:15 and only in the 40s--but bright and sunny! Supposed to get up to 56, we'll see. Pot luck this afternoon and that's it for the activities.

I hope you all have a great day of giving thanks!

My DS and DH are trying to figure out what's best for getting me back online. The 'puter is dead. DH wants to either get a used motherboard or a "new-to-us" old computer just like mine.

The last time this happened the programs were all changed and much of our stuff on the computer was lost. If we buy a brand new computer, everything will be Windows 7 and we would probably lose a bunch more stuff. So he'd rather spend a relatively small amount, get it going again, then upgrade slowly and carefully, and save for a new 'puter.

I can use DH's laptop, but it's frustratingly different and has odd quirks that I find irritating. It's hard for me to use.

My Dad died in 1998. The next Thanksgiving, no one felt like "celebrating" in familiar places where Dad had been, so we all went to a buffet. It was the same one where we went *this* year, and saw gofish and her family.

I got SO depressed afterward. DD and her family changed their plans at the last minute and didn't join us, so I missed them, too. It got pretty bad, but I tried not to affect the rest of my family. DS came over and he and DD were playing video games while DH was on his 'puter, so I just puttered.

Somehow I heard the Macarena song... TV or the kids' games, so I made up new lyrics and got silly later, posting about our lunch with gofish and the trouble I caused. (Sunporch) I tend to do that... get silly here when I'm down. :sEm_blush:

So I know how you're feeling, missing your Mom. I miss my Dad.

It's hard to believe that a memory from years ago can triger a sore spot and have you oozing pain all over again.

My Dad died in 1988, he was 47. What get me the most is when something in the house needs fixed, Dh is not as good at home repair.

We used to go the buffet with my MIL. She died 2 years ago. I think FIL had a hard time too ,he didn't have much to say. It would have been thier anniversary this week.

Hugs all around.:grouphug::bighug2::hug3:

By the way Cat,your new glasses look great.

:sEm_blush: MUCH better than the ones with duct-tape "accents", don'cha think??? :happy0203: Thanks.

I don't think it was just the restaurant. I think I had been optimistic and happier, and it all tumbled down at the same time. It happens like that for me sometimes. satan can't stand to have me thanking and praising God for long.

Late last night I was cleaning and came across a magazine that I just sat down and read. It was a blessing and a reminder of God's love and care. I used to get it, but stopped long ago... "Angels on Earth". It helped.

Archived