MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

need your opinions on some household items

betty

Hi Ladies. I am making a donation of some household items for a homeless family making the transition from motel room to an apartment. Since I have limited funds, I'm trying to decide which of these items would be the important to most ladies...as in "it would drive me crazy to live without them". So please give me your thoughts on your top two choices between....

Shower caddy

silverware drawer organizer

kitchen canisters

Salt and pepper shakers

Creamer and sugar bowl

napkin holder

paper towel holder (counter top)

standard mop and broom versus swifter type

Thanks for your help!

I would think it would vary from person to person. We never use the shower caddy, or a napking holder or sugar and creamer. Some others might think these are needed.

I am sure they will appreciate whatever you give.

straight off, anything would be grateully received,

practically speaking, the only thing on that list that I would consider a must have (if I had nothing at all) would be the mop and broom.

That is because the others I would place under a nice touch but a luxury until the basics of sleeping, eating, cleaning and warming. The first priorities I would have is somewhere to sleep and enough bedding to be warm, things to cook with and eat from, the ability to clean and the ability to keep warm enough (or cool enough)

My top 2 -

silverware drawer organizer - Keeps the flatware cleaner in a drawer with who-knows-what in it before

standard mop and broom versus swifter type - Cleaning supplies

Bless you for helping!

:bighug2:

well here's my 2 cent worth......................

If you paln to go to a place like Walmarts (ick-we don't anymore) for this stuff? make you money go further.

Most of the things on your list can be found at 'dollar stores' and for the most part the quality will be the same, don't know about the brooms?

That way you can get all of the things on your list for the price of the 2 items you asked about.

It don't hurt to shop around a bit for good deals.

Merry Christmas

:AmishMichael2:

Thanks for your input ladies! I tried to find a silverware caddy today and had no luck but it was a small store. I did get a tall kitchen can, two piece dish drainer set, a shower caddy, a toilet bowl brush and some kitchen linens. Can you believe that I couldn't find a mop and broom? There's so much Christmas seasonal stuff out that I think they put them away for now. Oh well, bit by bit as they say. Your comments helped me think through things a bit more about what was most practical.Thanks so much for your input! Everyone runs their home a little bit differently which is why I wanted to hear from others.

God is so good! My husband came home with a gift certificate to Target from his employer that he let me use to complete most of the list of items for this family! They are expecting very little and used items at that. Instead, except for furniture,everything is new and in matched sets. It's going to be Christmas for them! They will be so excited and blessed.

Archived