MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Winter Wonderland

gofish

It's very white outside and it's still coming down.

I don't have anywhere to go so I'm just going to clean house today.If Dh is going to be home I'm going to see if he will help me move some things around.

I'm just about out of laundry soap so I going to make my own for the first time this week .That should be fun.

I going to give some to a friend at work to see if she likes it. When I told her I was going to try making some she said to tell her if I like it.

We are down to 6 hours a day now and money is tight.

I'm telling her what I'm trying to do to save money like making my soap and how I havea few extras things on hand for when money is tight.

She is a grasshopper and I'm trying to get her to see the way of the ant is not so bad.

Oh how the grasshoppers at work are complaining about money now.

I had to take Son to the Doctor yesterday and my Doctor is not in on Friday's. We have been to this Doctor before and Son likes him alot and wants to change Doctors.Dh went to high school with him and is thinking about changing to him too. The girls and I like Dr Sarah so we will stay with her. Now I have to remember 2 phone #.for doctors.

I'm going to get more tea and stick my cold toes under the dog.

Have a great day

Poor dog! :008Laughing: 'Course, with all that fur it's probably not a problem for the dog. :happy0203:

Yup, I just looked outside... DH was watching the news and the local guy said where DH works they got a FOOT of snow overnight! :faint3: We have a nice, deep 6 inches, at least, on our porch.

I wanted a few more storage totes from Target (they were on sale) to help me in the basement, so I drove to the nearest Target after babysitting yesterday. I was shocked at the difference in snowfall in just a few miles. But now I'm glad I got them, because we sure aren't going out today!

BigDD had her wisdom teeth cut out yesterday morning, so I drove her and cared for DGS. It still hurts to see your kids hurt. But thank God she did well and it appears everything's going well afterward, too.

*AWFULLY GLAD* I can stay home today! :woohoo:

Even though I grew up here, it still amazes me the difference in snowfall from here to both of you. We have maybe an inch from yesterday/last night and we are getting a few flurries right now. I guess there is a winter snow alert (via old neighbor on facebook) but I don't think we are in it's path. Office Christmas party is tonight so that is the big thing of the calendar for the day. I need to run a few errands and finish cleaning but since DS was up at 6 and ready to face the world (in 2 year old translation - mommy, I want to play), I would prefer to see a little more sleep.

Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Good Morning!

Dawn has broke, chili outside, a balmy 37, nothing compared to what most of you are experiencing. MIL has the house set at 78 and I have the window open in my room.

Last time I was here, I took the car to get the fluids topped off. Midas said I had to go to the dealership. They topped them off and said a $10.00 "O" ring had a small leak and gave me a print out of the necessary part. That was in November. So, MIL was insistent that I have it repaired this time. I made the appointment and arrived early with end of the year bookwork to keep me busy. 1 hour later, they informed me the transmission pan seal, and the power steering pressure hose were leaking also. They did not recommend I drive home through the mountains with the leak in the pressure hose. So, they ordered the hose from Colorado and completed the repairs on the tranny with an appointment for yesterday to install the hose. 3 more hours, my bookwork finished, I was able to come home and check on MIL.

I waited patiently ~yet not so patiently~ until 1pm and called to see if the part was in. "Yes, but there is no way to get you in today, we are booked up." I got in my car and headed there because my schedule has me driving home today. I had told them if the part didn't come in I would have to postpone the appointment. As I was driving there, the mechanic called and said she didn't know he had reserved a repair bay already, that was why she was booked up. :misc-smiley-231: That wonderful little $10.00 "O" ring now cost me half a grand! *Sigh*

MIL, on the other hand, was dealing with the plumber. The day we left in November, the water heater quit working. :cheeky-smiley-067: I turned it off and we scheduled the plumber to come the day after we arrived, Thursday. Now, add in the fact, she had her roof replaced in October, due to storm damage, and they replaced her turbines with a new fangled apex venting system. The plumber climbed up on the roof to check the venting because the closet the water heater and heater are in was waaaay too warm. He found the vents squished and tiles missing. After taking pictures, prying the vents open, and replacing the thermal coupling, he left.

I took pictures of the roof, tiles are warped and lifted and the nails they used were too long and are sticking through all over the awning around the house and car port. It looks horrible and I'm going to have to have a fit with the insurance company.

Last night, well.......... another cold shower. :smiley_shitfan: Sooooo, this morning, I am struggling with weather to keep my schedule and go home, or stay and take care of the water heater for her. DH will be very very upset if I stay, and MIL will be very very upset and worried if I go. **Big Sigh**

:animal0017:

I had to put on my slippers. That dog has to nerve to move when I try to share her warmth. She gave me a pained look before she moved today.

The snow has stopped for now and the snow plows are out.

Ya I'd say we have about 6" so far.

Just hung up with MIL. One of our staff members lives in S.B./Mish. they aren't coming to the Christmas Party tonight because of the snow.

The city of South Bend has declared a snow emergency. BIL lives just east of SB and his 4 wheeler has gotten stuck twice in the snow. It's knee deep in places.

Take care of yourselves!!!! So glad we live on the south part of the lake.

South Bend has over 2 feet and it's still coming down .I'm on the edge of how far south east lake efect snow falls so most of the time I don't get hit hard.

It started to snow again so I think we will get about a foot by tommorow.

If the wind picks up it's is not going to be fun.

Not too bad here. Probably maybe 4" of snow or so. Still wearing my tennies, so not enough to get me to put on my boots to do chores. :happy0203: My socks scrunch down in my boots around my toes and drive me nuts. :buttercup:

DH is out ice-fishing. (I heard at work yesterday that they aren't biting, but didn't have the heart to tell him as he's been wanting to go so bad). Maybe he'll come home with a bucket full. wink%20(2).gif

Been working on soap today. Trying to keep up with inventory and sales. Worst part of the job...I sux at bookwork stuff. Keep joking that I need a secretary. Could probably train a goat or dog to do a better job. dry.gif

Gotta get ready for work. Ya'll keep warm and have a good day. :campfire:

:bighug2: and :kissy:

We had a beautiful sunny day today... It wasn't too cold and I was able to go visit with a new friend.

Edited to Add: We just ran out to pick up our daughter from work...It is snowing and the flakes seem capable of stacking up. Guess we'll be shoveling a bit in the morning.

Archived