MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Maybe, just Maybe

Carie

Hello! Sorry I haven't been posting. Honestly I have been sooooo busy. LOL But that's no excuse. I am usually online for a few minutes at least once a day. Anyway, we had someone come look at our house this past week. They are talking to their bank about it. I don't know exactly what that means for us, but I am hoping and praying it is good news! The house we are kinda looking at has dropped in price by $10k. That is sweet, as it was very affordable before. If these guys start looking serious then we are going to call the realtor and see if we can get in to look at the other. Dh has been talking to people that have dealt with pole barn house setups before and I feel much more at ease with any problems it might have. Barring extensive roof or water damage in the ceilings or walls, I think it will be a good deal. Lots more room than we have and a much smaller payment. My ds#2 went to his grandparents house yesterday. That was the first time that any of them have been there since the last of Sept. He had a good visit. Ds#1 doesn't want to go and I told him he didn't have to. I am hoping that next time ds#2 will take ds#3 so he can visit as well. I have only spoken to my mother once since Christmas.

We've never sold a house before. What is the process step-by-step. I realize they need to get financing and I think that there is a 30 day closing period during which they can change their mind? What else will have to be done on our end? We aren't using a realtor....so I imagine that we will have to get a lawyer for the paperwork, or will their bank take care of that? What is the usual get-out time after you sell a house? We have a rental to go to, so that isn't a problem while we decide what we are going to do for sure next. If we decide to buy the pole barn house we imagine that there will be some fixing up that will need to be done before move in....but maybe not, I talked to the realtor over the phone and he said it was livable....and we haven't been in it yet. But we can stay in the rental (friends own it and will let us stay there for the utilities, etc) while we do the massive stuff before move in.

Anyway, I am kinda rambling. LOL Been knitting and sewing. I am really really hoping that we can get moved to the rental early enough this spring to get a garden going......we could even wait to plant until June and get most stuff going. Even if we moved again before harvest, our friends would let us come back and pick. -*

I had a stomach bug last night and didn't get much sleep. I feel better this morning but so tired. Guess I had better go. So rainy outside, it would be a good day to snuggle down in bed but the babies won't have any of that. LOL I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Carie

Congratulations! It sounds as though things are starting to look up! Although it can vary a bit from state to state, the process is essentially the same. You will need to hire your own attorney to handle all of the legal bits and pieces. You never want to rely on using someone else's attorney to watch out for your best interests.

In my state, the purchase offer is a binding contract and there is no time period to change your mind. If the contract is written with clauses (like home must pass an inspection or depending upon the bank financing, etc...), then there are legal escape routes from the contract for the buyer.

The buyer usually pays for the title search and appraisal costs. If there are any water bills, or unpaid taxes, etc.. then the seller must pay those before the closing goes forward.

Like you, we've never sold a property, but we have purchased a few rental properties over the years.

Thanks Amber! We will be buying again shortly so I appreciate the info. I appreciate all the prayers and encouragement from all of you. I love it here! And will absolutely keep updating with the progress :)

Blessings,

Carie

Archived