MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Education, learning...............For free!

drumrunner

Found this VERY cool site the other day, if you are at all remotely interested in higher learning. Not a "survival" website, but for general learning (lots of on line stuff for kids too!)

http://www.khanacademy.org/#browse

Check down a few threads in Sunporch, Turtlemom. You might want to check out Drumrunner's CD.

So....I'm hoping this Bucket of Bolts computer will load that site. Even getting older and older, I get curiouser and curiouser about practically anything.... :shrug::bounce:

:busted: EDITED TO ADD.... Curious about nearly everything EXCEPT MATH. :shakinghead: Total 'number-dyslexic' speaking! So this list begins with Algebra and progresses with all sorts of math things. :lol: Nah, it's got other topics/subjects too but the algebra almost made me run..... ;)

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Check down a few threads in Sunporch, Turtlemom. You might want to check out Drumrunner's CD.

So....I'm hoping this Bucket of Bolts computer will load that site. Even getting older and older, I get curiouser and curiouser about practically anything.... :shrug::bounce:

:busted: EDITED TO ADD.... Curious about nearly everything EXCEPT MATH. :shakinghead: Total 'number-dyslexic' speaking! So this list begins with Algebra and progresses with all sorts of math things. :lol: Nah, it's got other topics/subjects too but the algebra almost made me run..... ;)

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Well, I have to admit that the site it IS a tad heavy on the math, but what got me excited is all the CHEMISTRY topics! A touch of physics rounds out my own reading materials. Since my secondary job involves playing with chemicals and compounds (drinking water treatment) this is "right up my alley".

Hey, Drum Runner! I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to see you're well and on here... thanks for the link! :)

Very welcome, I try to put up links and/or directions to websites that everybody can profit from, especially kids. Unfortunately, from what I have seen over the years, most young people run away from the 'hard' courses and opt for education that may be fairly useless later in life. I have to brag a bit now, my 2 daughters were the exceptions; my older one is a registered nurse and the younger is a nuclear power plant engineer (I kid you not!). As always, I check in to the forum from time to time if I have something useful to add to the community.

Wow, way to GO DrumRunner's daughters!!! :):):) I have to admit that I have a bit of a math phobia myself, but my kids seem to be very interested in it so far and I am hoping that their natural aptitude for it will continue throughout their education. My 7 year old son added 99+19 in his head in about two seconds yesterday. Most of the time I can't even do that! LOL I know that if our nation ever hopes to recover from the mess its in, we'll need people who are really, truly adept in mathematics and the sciences. While I'm not one of them, I'm definitely encouraging my kiddos to be among them.

Mt. Rider, I will definitely go check out that CD! I'm way behind on my thread perusal...

Well, I have to admit that the site it IS a tad heavy on the math, but what got me excited is all the CHEMISTRY topics! A touch of physics rounds out my own reading materials. Since my secondary job involves playing with chemicals and compounds (drinking water treatment) this is "right up my alley".

Drum-runner, I *KNOW* I have already invited you to enjoy the chemistry stuff over here.

Sarah

Archived