MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

one week to go before Halloween-

We have the outside (and inside) of the house decorated for Fall - pumpkins, cornstalks, mums, small scarecrows, etc.

Don't give out candy anymore but like to see the kids going door to door - the little ones anyway

To many bigger kids knocking on door without any costume or even saying "ttrick - or treat" they just hold out the bag and wait. Last time we handed out candy if they did that I just closed the door on them.

We do plan to have "ghooooooooul -losh" for Supper and listen to a spooky story on the raidio - IN THE DARK! LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

We live too far out to ever get any trick-or-treaters, and we don't have any kids so no plans here. I think DH and I are just gonna hang out and watch a movie that night, since it's my night off work.

I have to work that day but I work with some really scary people. :behindsofa:

lol I do too...

Awwwwww, ((((Nichole)))) ((((gofish))))

We plan on hiding out. Light off and doors locked. The kiddos here have a park where they have activities all day and a haunted house type thing in the evening. The town makes a big deal of it to keep them off the streets.

Anyway, Halloween is sorta a private special day for us, it is the day my DH proposed and we eloped the next day. :happy0203:

OMGoodness, I didn't get him anything this year!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I hide out here too. If the outside lights are off no one is supposed to stop. I stay in the bedroom watching old scary black and white movies. Most of the kids here are high schoolers. The last time I gave out candy most of the kids were bigger than I am and one group that came were smoking cigarettes. If you are that old...go buy your own candy.

Guess I'm the Grinch who stole Halloween.

I hide out here too. If the outside lights are off no one is supposed to stop. I stay in the bedroom watching old scary black and white movies. Most of the kids here are high schoolers. The last time I gave out candy most of the kids were bigger than I am and one group that came were smoking cigarettes. If you are that old...go buy your own candy.

Guess I'm the Grinch who stole Halloween.

OR

the moms around here that are pushing a 1 year old in a stroller and come up to the door -no costume on her or the kid but the bag is about half full already?

Guess WHO will be eatting the candy? LOL

We plan on hiding out. Light off and doors locked. The kiddos here have a park where they have activities all day and a haunted house type thing in the evening. The town makes a big deal of it to keep them off the streets.

:ph34r:

I used to own a 'portable' Haunted House that I made and that I could take around so people could use it as a fund raiser or companys used it as part of their Halloween Parties.

Then it started getting 'bet-up' as more and more kids when through it and kept knocking things over - and each year they were getting younger and younger.

So I stopped doing it - some of it is still in use by a family farm that gives hayrides out to the pumpkin patch each year.

The Monkeys will be in costume giving away candy, then we will have pizza and popcorn and movies for the evening...Hitchcock's The Birds, and An American Werewolf in London are on tap.

:ph34r:

I used to own a 'portable' Haunted House that I made and that I could take around so people could use it as a fund raiser or companys used it as part of their Halloween Parties.

Then it started getting 'bet-up' as more and more kids when through it and kept knocking things over - and each year they were getting younger and younger.

So I stopped doing it - some of it is still in use by a family farm that gives hayrides out to the pumpkin patch each year.

Nice to see it is still useful.

We used to set things up and scare the neighborhood with my 4 younger brothers, before the issues with tainted candy got popular.

Archived