1/2 cup veggie oil

1/3 cup sugar

1 cup rolled oats

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

'1 cup white or whole wheat flour

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups or line with cupcake liners. Beat egg; stir in milk, raisins and oil. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.

Rolled Oat Muffins

(makes 10 servings)

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk (remember your powdered milk version!)

3/4 cup hot water

2 tbsp corn syrup

2 eggs, separated

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup flour

4 tsp baking powder

2 tbsp cooking oil

Pour hot water and condensed milk over rolled oats and let stand 1/2 hour. Add syrup, cooking oil, and beaten egg yolks. Sift flour, measure, and sift with baking powder and salt. Add to first mixture. Beat only until smooth. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Fill well-greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

Bran muffins

3/4 cup honey

1/2 cup butter

2 eggs

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 1/2 tsp baking soda

2 cups buttermilk

1 cup boiling water

2 cups bran

In a small bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 cup of the bran and set it aside until needed (1 cup bran will remain dry). Cream honey, butter, and eggs together in a medium-size bowl. In a separate bowl add the whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add the whole wheat flour mixture and the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Add the bran and water mixture. Fold the remaining 1 cup of dry bran in. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

Surprise Muffins

(makes 12)

3 cups flour

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter

1 cup milk

4 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

3 eggs

1 cup raisins (optional)

1/2 cup grape jelly, or any flavor jelly or jam you have on hand

Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add butter to mixture and cut in with fork. Mix eggs, milk, and raisins (if using); blend into flour mixture. Stir lightly to just dampen flour. If too dry, add a few more drop of milk.

Spoon into greased muffin tin. Push 1 spoonful of grape jelly down into batter of each muffin before baking. Bake in a preheated 425 oven for about 20 minutes.

Muffins or Pancakes

Stir together:

about 5 cups whole wheat flour

2 Tbsp baking powder

2 tsp salt

Then add:

1/4 cup oil or applesauce

1-2 eggs

1/2 cup honey

water to desired consistency

Bake at 350 for muffins, or on a griddle for pancakes.

Banana Bread

3 eggs

1/2 cup oil

3 tsp vanilla

3 cups sifted flour

1 tsp bakings soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1-2 cups nuts, chopped (optional)

1/2 cup water

3 cups mashed bananas

3 cups sugar

1 tsp salt

3 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

Beat eggs until foamy. Add water, oil, bananas, vanilla, and sugar, and mix well. Set aside. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg. Add to banana mixture and mix well. Add chopped nuts. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tooghpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes and remove from pans. Serve warm or cold; bread may be frozen after baking.

Zucchini Bread

(makes 3 loaves)

4 cups shredded zucchini

4 eggs

3 1/2 to 4 cups sugar

2 cups oil

3 cups wheat flour

3 cups white flour

4 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp nugmeg

1 tsp baking powder

2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

2 cups chocolate chips (optional)

(NOTE: you may use 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of water in place of the 2 cups of oil. If you prefer, you may substitute 1 cup of applesauce for 1 cup of the oil. Also, if you "dust" the chocolate chips with flour, they won't sink to the bottom of the bread.) Grease and flour 3 bread pans. Set aside. Combine all ingredients and pour into pans. Bake at 325 until tooghpick inserted in center comes out clean, at least 65 minutes. Cool 15 minutes, and remove from pans.

Pancake and Waffle Mix

Pancakes:

Mix amounts of flour, water, oil, eggs, baking powder, and powdered milk (dry) in the amounts following for their respective yields:

6 Pancakes 1 c. flour; 3/4 c. water; 2 TBS oil; 1 egg; 2 tsp baking powder; 3 TBS powdered milk

12 Pancakes 2 c. flour; 1 1/2 c. water; 1/4 c. oil; 2 eggs; 2 tsp. baking powder; 4 TBS powdered milk

20 Pancakes 3 c. flour; 2 1/4 c. water; 6 TBS oil; 3 eggs; 4 tsp baking powder; 5 TBS powdered milk

Mix ingredients together until dry ingredients are moistened. Bake on a hot greased griddle or lightly greased skillet. You may leave out the powdered milk as far as taste is concerned, but the pancakes will not brown without the milk in the batter.

VARIATIONS:

Apple Pancakes: Stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped apples to prepared pancake batter. Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.

Nutty Pancakes: Sprinkle 2 tbsp broken nuts over pancakes before turning.

Orange Pancakes: Add 1 tbsp grated orange peel to batter before cooking.

Delicious Oatmeal Pancakes

(makes 8-10 pancakes)

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

1/3 cup dry nonfat milk powder

2 eggs, separated

3 tbsp veggie oil

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup water

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and dry milk powder; stir until well blended. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, water, oil and oats; beat slightly and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then beat until blended. Mix in dry ingredients, then fold in beaten egg whites. Drop 2 tbsp. batter onto griddle for small pancakes, or 1/4 cup onto griddle if larger pancakes are desired.

Bake on griddle until cakes are full of bubbles on top and undersides are lightly browned. Turn with spatula on other side. Serve with applesauce or jam or butter or syrup.

Potato Pancakes

Take leftover mashed potatoes and form into patties. Fry in lard or cooking oil, lightly browning on each side.

Variations:

Each one or all of the following may be added separately or at the same time:

A beaten egg

Chopped onions and/or grated cheese

Add a small amount of baking soda to make them puff up a little.

Cottage Cheese Cornmeal Hotcakes

(makes 10-12)

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup cornmeal

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 egg

1/2 cup cottage cheese

3/4 cup water

Stir all ingredients together; add more water if neeed. Use a teflon-coated frypan or griddle for cooking, or use non-fat cooking spray. Preheat griddle until a drop of water dances on the cooking surface.

Pour batter to make 4" hotcakes. Turn with a spatula when bubbly. Serve with syrup, honey, jam, or powdered sugar on top.

Okay, I have NO idea why everything underlined! And the Multi-Serving pancake recipe came out odd. If anyone wants the correct version, PM me and I'll see if I can't get it to come out correctly in a PM. Sorry! I'm off my game tonight! LOL

:lol: I'll fix the underlining. You just missed an ending [/u] thingie. If there is something for the recipes...PM me and I'll fix it.

OH..never mind. I see what's wrong with the pancake chart. I'll catch that too. (charts just don't hold position on these posts, btw)

MtRider :dusting: after Turtlemama does all the work! :D

Archived