MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for December 11 - 31, 2011

Snowmom

Good morning,

My computer is in the shop so am not able to do the things on here I normaly do, pictures and such.

But, wanted you all to know I am ok.

Miles for those past 3 weeks are 45 miles as I had to do a lot of cleaning, then had company, more company, Christmas, baking, laundry, up and down stairs, all of that stuff. :)

Will try to get the News Letter out as soon as I can too.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

Snowmom

Hi Snowmom, good total for the Holidays. Hope your computer gets home soon.

I'd venture to guess, somewhere around 5 per week and maybe an additional mile for the day I spent on the BBQ roasting and entertaining family.

I only managed one bike ride (2 miles) last week.

Glad you are okay Snow.

I had a bout of gout last week and it was painful. Fortunately, I was able to "cure" it with cherries and a few other home remedies. This is the second time in 10 years that I have had it.

Good job on the bike ride Annarchy. One is better than none!

Hello everyone. I have been flumoxed by my odd hours again lately and decided to look into something I could do as a gradual, very low impact, total body workout that was really smooth so I don't jolt the body much. Having to deal with odd hours like I have been I am often truly awake at 3am often enough so I know the tv shows a bunch of infomercials...

.......so..............

I compared RevAbs and KettleWorx. Kettle Worx uses the kettle ball and the first stage for females is 5 lbs and alot of it is both hands on the kettle ball. There was alot of smooth , rounded movements that involve many parts of the body.... but it was really smooth transitions and since I have to have surgery on the abdomen and recupe from that soon, their guarantee of satisfaction being offered for 90 days , not just 6 weeks works out well for me to tone up better and not hurt myself.

I am more active, alot of it is furniture and armfuls of books being moved around in manageable bits of action.

I know I can break down the initial workouts after I watch the dvd's and be able to still do some of it to begin with. I do not want to go hog wild and hurt myself. Not even a quarter hog wild at this point. But I think I can do enough to get the heartbeat up some and limber up abit with it and study it before the surgery. To start making it a habit that would be good for me over the long run.

It also was reasonable, and will be paid in monthly paymts. In fact it could end up arriving after my surgery, just depends on how fast surgery can be arranged since I probably have to have it done out of town anyhow.

I have evidently been living with this hernia a good two years, maybe three. So.... as long as I do things lightly and smoothly, I do not think it will harm it. Its only 5 lbs and down to half that with both hands on during a work out exercise with it.

I have been really careful when I rearrange the furniture too. I have been doing these chores, something each day or so and I know it would be great if I wasn't in this bad of shape, or had help,but its just the way it is. As I move things around , it opens up more possibilities and is changing the atmosphere in here. I am liking it! lol. I take lots of breaks as I go too. And it is a good work out for me when I do these things!

Archived