MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Twilight shadows

Twilight

I have been struggling in this pneumonia time. There have been

days I could do nothing but spend time in bed.

But when I added sewing- what better time to catch up?

And sometime before ,during or after the worst I put my place up for sale.

So now the house needs to be showable, calls answered, and the sewing.

So people come out to see the place , I had to do some surface cleaning first.

I get tired so easily ......

So I rest and there is the sewing..... So after I showed the place, rested awhile,

the sewing.... Four times I pinned the bodice to the skirt,the wrong way....I finally

got it correct and stitched it. Now is time to sew in the zipper. Maybe tomorrow?

When I finished my skirt last week, sewing in the zipper... what about backwards.<G>

I am very acquainted with ripping.

The thing of is I used to be an accomplished seamstress.But the last seven years were

buried in another time consuming task, then a severe illness and I feel like I am

starting all over.

But I have this beautiful fabric and even projects started years ago that need to be

finished.

God is so good, all things are in His power!

And the people that looked at the place are going to the bank tomorrow, so now there

is the one that is supposed to be here tomorrow or Wednesday and another one next week and

another one sometime between now and then..........

Isn't life grand!!

Sure hope you sell your place quickly and easily! I can so identify with the seam ripper!!! Since I started back sewing a couple of years ago there is probably not one thing I have made that I didn't put the wrong sides together or put a sleeve in backwards or inside out! I don't even get mad at myself anymore!

Sounds like you are in recuperation mode and you need to feed yourself as well as you can, everything that will help you build yourself back up, lots of vitamin packed stuff and brain foods, fish and mushrooms and nuts if you can eat them. Greens and oranges, reds and whites when it comes to veggies. A long with a good mix of all else thats healthy.

Pneumonia took a lot out of you and also work on rehydrating. Its going to take some time to build your energy and your mind back up , because such illnesses really do wipe a person out especially if they are getting some older.

You may not have much energy to stand and cook so make little meals and eat frequently. Use paper plates if you want to cut down on dishes. but you have to 'feed yourself well' when its been this depleting.

the brain fog will get better but you have to be persistent. It may never be quite what it was but people here understand.

Y'all are so nice- oops my southern living is showing! <G>

I really love to sew, made all my DD's clothes when she was going to school.

I really love looking at fabric at fabric.com , denverfabrics.com and some of

the others online. I pick up fabric at thrift store etc- nice fabric , smile.

Although until I get my sewing chair I can not sit long at the machine .

But today I am getting close to finishing my jumper. I just have the straps

to join and the hem. It is grey brown homespun and will be ankle length.

I have a dark green homespun dress that is partly put together, a beautiful

gold dress that needs sleeves and collar and a blouse that will not take long

.It is beginning to be exciting to have so many almost finished!!

Almonds and peanuts are my best friends, I have a good source and keep plenty on hand.

I also eat cheese, dates and dried cranberries and homemade bread.

I do not eat a lot of anything but feel better when I do eat if I stick pretty close

to the above. I have eggs but do not eat them very often, I love kefir but it is getting

ahead of me. When I did not feel like going after milk , I put my kefir to rest.

My sewing mistakes do not bother me - I find them amusing most of the time, particularly

when i sewed the zipper in backwards on my skirt <G>.

Hey small things please me enormously ! Like the 15 lbs of wool felt from shopgoodwill.com

which were the most beautiful ,quality blankets that kept me warm..........

To fel the sun warm on my face, to hear the doves coo, to see earthworms in my compost pile.

The Lord God made them all!

Archived