MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease

• 6 months later...

I believe he is right. My husband went through a quadruple bypass 3 years ago. I never imagined how the food bought at the store destroys our body. When he was in the hospital after surgery I was given a book about how his diet was supposed to be. I read it word for word. The Dietician came in. She briefly went over the book and was ready to leave. I asked her to wait because I had questions. She said the same thing the article says. Chicken soup was the biggest topic. Homemade canned Chicken soup is my husband's favorite. I forgot to tell her I made it from scratch and canned it myself. When she told me Chicken soup was terrible for him because of the sodium, I mentioned I canned it myself. This is when she became really involved in the conversation. She said as long as i cooked and baked like my Grandmother did, he would be fine and could eat almost anything.

After he got out of the hospital he was put on Cholesterol meds and had to have his levels taken for Cholesterol and triglycerides. It's true, you are what you eat. They wanted his around 150. During the first winter his was stable and he had good Cholesterol levels. Summertime we tend to be out more and,,, you guessed it,,, lots of canned food. That summer his triglycerides went from 150 to 300!

This article has great advice

Dr. Atkins WAS right!

Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.

What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods.

The low-carb mantra is........................shop the edges of the store. (where the fruits, veggies, and meats are).

What you can do is choose whole foods your grandmother served and not those your mom turned to as grocery store aisles filled with manufactured foods. By eliminating inflammatory foods and adding essential nutrients from fresh unprocessed food, you will reverse years of damage in your arteries and throughout your body from consuming the typical American diet.

Except now you also need to be aware of GMOs in your food...packaged AND fresh.

If the balance shifts by consuming excessive omega-6, the cell membrane produces chemicals called cytokines that directly cause inflammation.

Hmmm. Since part of the reason the 1918 flu was so bad was because it caused a cytokine storm in healthy individuals, I wonder if the death rate would be even higher if the same flu resurfaced nowadays?