MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Friday

winknasmile

Good morning everyone :darlenedance:

Hope you're all having a good Friday. It's a rainy one here but that's ok. We can still use the moisture and it gives the wild farmers a day to take a break. They go like there's no tomorrow so a rainy day MAKES them slow down a bit.

I was wrong about DH getting finished with planting corn yesterday. He said he'd get 1/2 done if things went well. They did and he worked without stopping from 9-8 to get it finished. He was hoping to go again today, he's one of those farmers I mentioned earlier, but the rain has him stopped!

I WON at bridge yesterday. We each put in $.25 and the winner and loser split the $2. Big gamblers we!!! :lol:

I did get more greenbeans planted yesterday and got the 3 raised beds ready to plant. I wanted get carrots planted too but with the wind so strong I knew those tiny little fine seeds would end up in the next county.

My 2nd up of coffee is finished and DH has gone outside so I guess I'd better accomplish something too.

Who's next? Let us know what you're up to today, inquiring minds want to know! :thumbs:

:hug3: to you and you and you and you and......

Rainy and a bit snowy here this morning! I spent this morning doing laundry and taking care of the poultry. After that I worked on a new blog post for Grit magazine and then headed to Pinterest to swipe some pins from some of the newly added Mrs. S. folks. I found a ton of good stuff on Stephanie's boards so mine don't look quite so pathetic. I plan to go back later today to investigate some of the other pinners from Mrs. S that I just didn't have time for.

In between all of that, I ate the remnants from last night Olive Garden dinner for breakfast and started a marketing project for my brother in law. Later today, I'll be peeling shrimp and maybe making some bread since we don't have any in the house right now.

It sounds like you have a good start on the planting season wink. I have the world's slowest growing lettuce pots outside and I planted some flower seeds last week in pots. It looks like a bumper crop of strawberries this year and we are really excited about that.

Happy Friday, everyone!

I am ready for lunch! Just got all squeaky clean and sitting here wondering what to have for lunch. You made me hungry talking about food and planting stuff to eat later...... ;)

It was only partly cloudy but the windy stuff out there was blowing snow flurry flakes around in a wonderful dance I woke up to about 7am this morning. It became a bit more sunny outside today :eclipsee_Victoria: and the windchill makes me just want to stay in and do stuff here.

It's time for nice stuff and doing what I need to do, the rest of the world can just 'sit on it." as far as I am concerned.

will do more clutter clearing and such things, nothing fancy or major today. Might plant a set of four not too long window boxes I can use inside, with lettuce , cilantro and something else that should work..... in them and be ok with what sun I get at the window......

my garlic seems to be growing well in the other window :D

Sunny, warm and humid here today. Made a big pot of chicken veggie soup with my canned chicken and made some cornmeal drop biscuits to go with.

The mobile home is being moved Wednesday so hopefully soon after there will be power, a well drilled and septic put in. We have big plans for the back yard--fenced for dogs and garden, goat shed and chicken coop and tractor. Furniture in the house would be good too!

Good afternoon~ I'm squeaking in.

We left the house at 9 this morning and walked in the house around 4:15. I dropped the kids off at my parents and went to my knitting class, we learned binding, decreasing and increasing stitches. Next week is the last week, we'll be learning cable and lace. I signed up for the project class that starts the following Friday, we will be making a hat and scarf in that one. We ran into the Martial Arts Studio and DD is going to make the switch to there. The kids in the class we saw were all bigger/older than her but she held a higher rank. The instructor said she and her friend could go to that class (typically starts at age 6 both girls are 5) because they understand what they are doing. Not sure if that's the best class choice or the one that goes from ages 3-5, those kids looked small/young.

I managed to clean the deep freeze yesterday and planted more onions and cleaned out the weeds that are growing in the raised bed (there were some big holes in it, weird). But it was to windy to do anything else outside.

Have a great one!:grouphug:

Dh had to have surgery for a cyst in his mouth. So I took care of him today.

We had a hard frost last night but it was sunny today. Rain is moving in for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be the parent of a ADULT CHILD. Not that I think 18 is grown up.

Archived