MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cool, Sunny Wednesday

Good morning~

It's cool here this morning,64, with a high of 67*. The ac is off and I've opened up the living level of the house.

We are laying low today. DD has taekwondo later but that's the only thing. I woke up with a sinus headache this morning that seems to be gone now. I need to clean the house, finish up the laundry, and make strawberry banana jam, DD's request (jars are in the dishwasher).

I need to finish the last few raised beds today, one for beets, one potatoes, and finish carrots in one. I need to put straw on those and go over a few that I didn't cover as well as I'd like to have yesterday. I put 3 sweet potatoes in yesterday, a few tomatoes, savory, basil, and carrots, along with straw on the beds that were already in.

Tomorrow DD has a dental cleaning. I was going to run into Gordon Food to look for sugar and do some grocery shopping at Costco and Sam's (normal grocery day) but DH is getting a paper check instead of direct deposit this week because FIL was messing around and didn't postpone work on the server when then couldn't gain access to it on Saturday so they are without a server.<_< FIL then left for the day to work on his boat and let DH and another person deal with the fallout and problems that occurred.:motz_6: ok, done venting.

What is going on in your neck of the woods?

Good Morning!

Beautiful morning here, birds are devouring their food and I am slow watering my spices. While tending the tomatoes I found the first one that is starting to turn red. :woohoo:

Weather man says we will be creeping back into the 100's and 110 by the weekend. I was so nice to have the cold front move in and cool us back down into the high 90's the last two days.

Went fishing yesterday and brought home another 12 for the freezer.

Hoping everyone has a great day.

:bouquet:

Good morning!

Thankfully, it's cooler here, too! I'm so glad the dew point is dropping!!

DH took today off of work because the washer repairman is scheduled for this afternoon. I hope he gets here sooner rather than later!

We're planning to finish getting the garden planted this afternoon/evening. I found some nice broccoli plants this weekend. We need to get those planted. And then the sunflowers, carrots, squash, parsley, pole beans and the rest of the onion sets. I don't think the spinach is coming up, so we'll have to re-plant that. I have to buy a few more marigolds yet.

It looks like the opportunity for DH to get overtime has come to an end. I was hoping it would last longer, but the OT he was able to get has been a blessing.

Like you, Jori, our weather is cooler. HOPEFULLY we'll get that rain they say is coming tomorrow!

(rain dance time!) dancegirl1.gif stpatdancer.gif veildance.gif hexer.gif (and the big finish!) discosmiley.gif

The house is awfully quiet without Alice the cat. I didn't have the heart to deal with her litter box last night, so I took care of that this morning. DH put some cement patio blocks over her grave, but the curious critters still tried to dig in to see what was there. :mad: So I pulled more dirt back in and will cover it with still more blocks tonight. I know they can't help it, but still... :(

LilDD is still struggling with her schoolwork. Her English teacher is asking for college-level writing projects. In fact, my college profs weren't this demanding. Not "Ivy League", but still... <_< School will be finished next Tuesday for her. We will ALL be glad!

DH's work has had a major disruption between two workers, and it's affecting everyone's sense of security. It looks like one of the boss' very spoiled son will be calling the shots if they don't quickly set things right. Boss 1's spoiled/impaired son started it, Boss 2's extremely spoiled only son defended the first but escalated things, and now everyone is walking on eggshells. And these are supposed to be "godly" men. <_<

I reminded DH that when he was passed over as a partner despite old promises that I told him then that maybe God was *protecting him* from something. Were he involved directly in this mess, no amount of his common sense would prevail. :(

So much to do, and my head is spinning. Some days ya just don't know where to start. snoozyf.gif

Like you, Jori, our weather is cooler. HOPEFULLY we'll get that rain they say is coming tomorrow!

(rain dance time!) dancegirl1.gif stpatdancer.gif veildance.gif hexer.gif (and the big finish!) discosmiley.gif

The house is awfully quiet without Alice the cat. I didn't have the heart to deal with her litter box last night, so I took care of that this morning. DH put some cement patio blocks over her grave, but the curious critters still tried to dig in to see what was there. :mad: So I pulled more dirt back in and will cover it with still more blocks tonight. I know they can't help it, but still... :(

LilDD is still struggling with her schoolwork. Her English teacher is asking for college-level writing projects. In fact, my college profs weren't this demanding. Not "Ivy League", but still... <_< School will be finished next Tuesday for her. We will ALL be glad!

DH's work has had a major disruption between two workers, and it's affecting everyone's sense of security. It looks like one of the boss' very spoiled son will be calling the shots if they don't quickly set things right. Boss 1's spoiled/impaired son started it, Boss 2's extremely spoiled only son defended the first but escalated things, and now everyone is walking on eggshells. And these are supposed to be "godly" men. <_<

I reminded DH that when he was passed over as a partner despite old promises that I told him then that maybe God was *protecting him* from something. Were he involved directly in this mess, no amount of his common sense would prevail. :(

So much to do, and my head is spinning. Some days ya just don't know where to start. snoozyf.gif

(((Cat)))

On a lighter note, I'm hoping we get rain,too, because I'm exhausted from what seems to be the never-ending rain dance.

Things were quiet here today. The tree guys came and finished up the tree removal this morning. It looks good back there and I MIGHT get a couple of more down this fall. They stacked the wood right on the property though and I have cranky nasty neighbors. Hope a piece of bark isn't touching a blade of their grass. They are that way...

I had some errands to do today but I have a headache and big lump on my head from falling off the bed yesterday. It's no big deal really unless it turns into a migraine. I have too much to do this week for that nonsense. Lump only hurts when I forget about it and touch it. :buttercup:

The weather has cooled down but we could use some rain. Supposed to Friday.