MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I did it! (first completed crochet project)

I've been plugging away practicing different things I've been learning on YouTube, and I've finally completed something. granted, it's not the most amazing thing on the planet, it's pretty basic, but still, I am proud of actually doing it :)

I've also started on a rib stitch child's afghan ... that's coming along slower, but I am sort of spurred on now by completing something, evne small.

post-9128-0-25833800-1353352565_thumb.jpg

That is beautiful! Congratulations! :thumbs:

Doesn't it feel good when you finish and it looks like it is supposed to?

I can not count how many times I made something that did not turn out right. I get frustrated and unravel the whole thing for relief. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Looks awesome! I should be getting out my needles to go back to work on my afghan's but just so many irons in the fire! I love crochet...used to make sweaters (instead of knitting) and even a sun dress that slipped over a cotton sheath. Also house slippers. You'll love your new adventures!!! I think it gives us all a sense of "control" over clothing issues if we needed it. Have you made any "scrubbies" or washclothes yet? If you make the washclothes, just roll them up when finished, tie a pretty bow around them and make gifts of them! People love them...again, looks awesome girl!