MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

33 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

As the CG said, you can buy it at grocery stores, BUT, you have to ask for it because the freezer it is in is kept locked. They also inquire to know if you know how to handle it safely and will give instructions for doing so.

*blinks*

Ours is in a cooler up towards the front.  Not locked or anything.  Never heard of them questioning someone about it.  Must be a regional thing.

I've tried the dry ice.  Those buckets molded.  Maybe because the dry ice had water frost on it, or something.  You're supposed to put the dry ice on a sheet of paper and let the vapors go off the paper and down into your bucket of stuff, and supposed to remove any water ice, but also supposed to shut the lid before it completely melts.  Also, the dog kept barking at me, as I recall, and the kids were way too interested.

Maybe I should try this again.  No dog, no kids.

Or just keep stuffing it in the freezer and keeping it there until needed.  A year, two years... Magic marker is good to label each bag boldly with the month and year of purchase.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...