MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Biscuits - tips & tricks

I had posted this info as a reply on another thread but thought it might get lost over there so I copied it to here. 

If anyone else has recipes, hints, tricks, etc, go ahead and post them here in this thread so they can be all in one place and not scattered across the forums. :cook: :feedme: :yum3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't "do" bread, but one of the YT channels I follow (Appalachia's Homestead with Patara)  has some good tips.

1. She rolls out the dough then folds it over (twice)
  2. When you cut the biscuits from the dough do NOT twist the cutting device - this will seal off the edges and you will not get a tender rising biscuit.
  3. Bake them on cast iron

In this video she experiments with different fats when making the dough. Click the link to see the vid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been making 3 ingredient biscuits for a few years now. I could never make good biscuits until I found this one! :feedme:

2 cups self-rising flour

1 to 1 1/4 c heavy cream

1 pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 450⁰

Combine all ingredients. This dough tends to be a bit dry. Once mixed together dump out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it 10-12 times and press out to 1 inch. Cut with biscuit cutter. Do not twist cutter. Put on an greased cookie sheet. Bake at 450⁰ for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 6 biscuits 

Edited by Buttercup
  • Thanks 4
  • 1 month later...