MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanksgiving 2022

I understand Momo. My MIL's youngest child was run over and killed on Mothers Day in front of everyone. That about killed the whole family. He was 5 years old. It was decades ago and I would have been around 7 years old myself, but we all still think about it on Mothers Day. 

My mother died on my MIL's birthday.  

• Sad 5

What is it with loved ones passing away on important days? My BIL died on my niece's birthday (his daughter). They brought him back and kept him on life support, but ended up dying the next day. Then my Mom passed away last year (2021) on my Dad's birthday. For the rest of his life, his birthday will be the anniversary of the day she died. For the rest of MY life, his birthday will be the anniversary of the day she died. It's sad. I'm thankful for God's comfort....He is good, and takes care of my heart. :pray:

• Like 4

My DH passed on Valentine's Day, and it will be 2 years next year.  His mother passed also on Valentine's Day.  His father passed away on Christmas eve. 

It is so hard to lose loved ones on a holiday but when the Lord says it's time to come home, we have no control over that. But it's still hard for all of us that are dealing with the loss of our loved ones.  

I have been trying to move on but like I am sure Momo and others, it is not an easy road to take. Sometimes I feel like I am just going through the motions and yes, I am still struggling but staying busy. We all have our ways of dealing with loss and it's not easy to deal with at times. But we do get through it and move on. 

The memories are what keeps us going.  DH loved playing the Grinch. Kids got him a Grinch tee shirt years ago and he wore it every Christmas. This year when we were in NC and went to the outlets, they had the grinch in a Christmas tree. You put the head on top and then the arms go in and the legs hang near bottom of tree. So, I bought one. I have that now on the small Christmas tree that I pulled out of shed today. So, keeping a part of him in all holidays helps for me. DH always had fun playing the Grinch. And no, he was no Grinch. He spoiled those grandkids. 

I just hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We have all been blessed beyond words.

Euphrasyne,  River is so cute.  But I think your DH is ready for a nap.  Love the pics.

Edited by Littlesister
Hit save to soon.
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Littlesister said:

My DH passed on Valentine's Day, and it will be 2 years next year.  His mother passed also on Valentine's Day.  His father passed away on Christmas eve. 

It is so hard to lose loved ones on a holiday but when the Lord says it's time to come home, we have no control over that. But it's still hard for all of us that are dealing with the loss of our loved ones.  

I have been trying to move on but like I am sure Momo and others, it is not an easy road to take. Sometimes I feel like I am just going through the motions and yes, I am still struggling but staying busy. We all have our ways of dealing with loss and it's not easy to deal with at times. But we do get through it and move on. 

The memories are what keeps us going.  DH loved playing the Grinch. Kids got him a Grinch tee shirt years ago and he wore it every Christmas. This year when we were in NC and went to the outlets, they had the grinch in a Christmas tree. You put the head on top and then the arms go in and the legs hang near bottom of tree. So, I bought one. I have that now on the small Christmas tree that I pulled out of shed today. So, keeping a part of him in all holidays helps for me. DH always had fun playing the Grinch. And no, he was no Grinch. He spoiled those grandkids. 

I just hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We have all been blessed beyond words.

Euphrasyne,  River is so cute.  But I think your DH is ready for a nap.  Love the pics.

:bighug2::bighug2::bighug2:

• Thanks 1