MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rain

Jeepers

The other day I mentioned I'd like to see 'some' rain. Hotel living has deprived me of that pleasure. I pulled the Jeep up to my window so I could look out without someone parking there and looking into my room. I waited. Nary a dark cloud passed by. Radio said we might get some rain this evening so I did it again. 

I kept hearing something really loud and it didn't sound like thunder. I looked out the window. Sigh. Unbeknownst to me there is a big downspout right where I parked. The noise I heard was water gushing from the roof of the building on to my Jeep. Hope I still have some paint left. I took a picture and a video because...well, insurance. Just in case. Crimony. House flooded now car flooded. Hope the Jeep starts tomorrow. 

BTW, at one point the green foliage to the left was trying to mop up the water by swooping down on the hood of the Jeep. It is a narrow bush similar to an arborvitae. It made a valiant effort that probably left me with tiny swirly marks all over the hood. 

Ya can't make this stuff up.    :24:                               

image.jpeg

• Sad 4

We hadn't had rain in awhile so this was welcomed. It was a downpour but it was made worse by someone :hi:  parking under a downspout or eave or what ever it was. It went on like this for over 20 looong minutes. Just pounding down. Building is four stories high. Sigh

I couldn't sleep wondering if it was going to start. Normally I wouldn't care (very much) but I knew the cabinet lady was driving up from someplace down in southern Ohio before noon and I didn't want her to make that trip for nothing. Least I could do is phone ahead. So, I went out and it started right up. Whew. 

I think Noah is my 'spirit guide'. :scratchhead:   He knows all about this water stuff and is trying to navigate me around in the right directions. Hey Noah, I'm ready for my rainbow. Any day now. I'm waaaiting...:008Laughing:

1. House involved with an epic flood

2. Had to change hotel rooms due to a flooded room above me

3. Car being pummeled by a down pour

Think I'll stay out of the pool this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Jeepers, it seems water follows you everywhere these days. Hope the weather holds out enough that you can get where you need to be when you need to be there without the downpours.  Flooding house and hotel room is not fun. I think I would stay out of the pool as well. You have seen enough water for a while. 

• Haha 3

Jeepers, since you are in Noah’s boat, could you send me some rain?  It’s been officially 4 months, since we’ve had some.  

Just kidding….monsoon season is coming and the cicadas say 2 more weeks before we start to got hammered….  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

G-son got here tonight. Oh and his folks too.  :D

He was telling me all about baby Moses floating down the river.  Crimony, more water.  :24:

Even the little children taunt me now. :grinning-smiley-044:

His dad said he has an app that tells Bible stories to children. He really enjoys it. I need to brush up quickly. Can't wait until 'we' get to Joseph the prepper. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We were suppose to get rain both yesterday and the day before and it didn't happen. So will be watering the garden tonight if no rain. And it looks like there is no rain in forecast today. The summer squash is about done. So will be pulling those plants up in about a week. There are some small squash on the plants but not sure if they will do anything as they don't seem to be growing now.