MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers For Japan. 7.5 Earthquake.

• Jeepers changed the title to Prayers For Japan. 7.5 Earthquake.

I heard something about it a couple of hours ago.  Prayers for those people in Japan and that the nuclear reactors will be ok. I need to turn the news on. I haven't done that much in the past 2 months. 

• Like 2

Dh has visited there several times in the last few years.  He told me yesterday about the earthquake.  I hope everyone he knew there is safe and that they will recover soon.

• Like 3

The doctor I worked for was Japanese. His brother was a diplomat. I met him a couple of times when his niece was found dead in her college dorm room in Maryland. When they came to the office, I couldn't understand anything they said. They didn't speak English and none of us other than the doctor spoke Japanese. 

One of my neighbors is now a contractor for the Navy and has been sent to Japan several times. I saw pictures of the area of the earthquake. It is bad over there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

There were tsunami evacuations and fortunately they ended rather quickly. Very scary for those people. On the Jan. 1st. we had an earthquake in the county east of me. 2.2

For a year I lived about a 2 hour drive from Nagasaki, Japan. Atomic bomb. 1945.  :(

• Sad 2

I've felt relatively mild earthquakes in Iowa, Hawai'i, Colorado, and ....oddly, Georgia.  Remember that one Miki?...Darlene?  That one felt like a big SHOVE! 

Since when I walk I sometimes get off balance so that it feels like a mild earthquake feels..... 

MtRider  :imoksmiley:  

• Like 1

I saw on news this morning that CA had an earthquake but nothing about damage or anything.  They are starting to become closer together now. And they don't always put it on the news anymore unless is has done a lot of damage. 

• Like 1