MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Recall on Sargento Cheese products

Seems like every time we turn around there is a recall on something. Need to find workarounds for cheese and other products at this rate. Glad I am just an old country cook. I don't use a lot of cheese other than in tacos, or grilled cheese. 

Rizo-Lopez has been having major cheese recalls for a couple of weeks now. 

One of the latest recalls involving Vulto Creamery caused by an employee stiring the cheese curds with his bare arms. Arms that has sores on them. For some reason we don't hear much about that one. Listeria. 

• Sad 3

No we really don't know. We are at the mercy of someone else's idea of cleanliness. And hope they are not having a bad day while doing food prep. 

I wonder if microwaving food makes it a little safer? Do microwaves kill listeria? It seems most recalls involve listeria these days. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
15 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Wondering what the next recall might be. Seems to be becoming the norm these days. 

Cinnamon. There are a lot of cinnamon recalls right now due to lead. Wish I could do a link but among other places, it has been recalled from Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Save A Lot.  A couple of other places that I'm not familiar with. Just Google cinnamon recalls. The recall is new, within the past day or two. There are six brands. 

• Sad 2

Why does the Cinnamon not surprise me. I haven't bought any in a long while and not from those stores you mention. So should be ok on that one. So far, they only got me on the cough syrup. 

Now waiting on the next one. 

• Like 1

After the applesauce with cinnamon debacle, they started looking into all the cinnamon, and found tons of nasty surprises.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1