MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Nasty Weather

Yes it's really pouring out and lots of thunder and lightning, we had a tornado warning earlier tonight, still in a watch. Ohio particularly seems to be getting hit hard tonight. Ryan Hall Y'all is about the only weather station I watch anymore to get accurate info. National Weather Service alerts come through on my phone thankfully

• Like 3

I also have been watching this.  We were 80* today and will be again tomorrow. This storm is heading our way, and we could get snow. I presume it will be next week. But either way, I have drained the well pump just in case we get below freezing. That was the only thing I did today. But I don't need a new well pump to freeze up on me. 

Jeepers, I like Ryan Hall. That is where I found out about the weather coming our way. But I think it is still too far out to be sure of what we could get. 

Though we also have had our worst snows in March. So, we will see what happens. 

• Like 2

There's a long tail end that's  following last night's streak of intense thunder storms.  The tail seems to be migrating north as fast as it's drifting east.  I'm not sure it will rise over the Appalachian Ridge to get at you, Little Sister.  I was watching it for my northern VA kinfolks.  But it's all red/yellow (usually thunderstorms on Doppler Radar) with fringe of green (rain).  They don't have a color for hail...but red is probably where that occurs. 

This is the Doppler I use.  You have to shrink the map and then move it to the area you want.  Love checking the Doppler! 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:    

• Like 2

Hmmmmm......I forgot to put the link.  :buttercup:  This is the real time Doppler Radar.  It's an Iowa site so you have to scroll down to other options.  Looks like this.  Find Weather Radar (it won't be in red on the page)  Zoom out to get the whole U.S. and move to the area of the country you want to see.  Zoom in and out as needed.  Also has a function to reset the pic back an amount of time.  I use that function to see which direction a storm is heading or which way it's circling. 

https://iowaweather.com/iowa-weather-radar/

=-===============================================================================================

Local Weather Forecast

Are you interested in knowing the weather this week in Iowa, including hourly updates, the weather for tomorrow, and the weather this weekend? Make sure to stay informed with your local weather forecast, covering current weather conditions and a 7-day outlook.

The hourly weather updates will provide you with the latest temperature, heat index or wind chill values, and real-time weather conditions, whether it’s cloudy or clear. Furthermore, you’ll find information about sunrise and sunset times for each day at your specific location.

Quick links:  Weather Radar | ISCN Weather AppSoil Temperatures | Drought Monitor | Air Quality

==============================================-==================================================

AND.... @LittleSister .... That nasty tail that's been following the more northerly storm?  I think it's projected to skip over the Appalachian Ridge after all.  And Virginia is probably going to get rain in various amounts but eastern part has most likely prospects.    :shrug:  Depends on which weather map ya look at.

I'm looking at a lot of them...trying to figure out our weekend prospects.  :scratchhead: 

Looks like the High pressure systems coming from NW is going to push the cold/wet weather down to Arizona and New Mexico.  Want some rain Annarchy? 

That will take it out of CO by....Sat?  Maybe tomorrow nite.  But Weatherunderground has the snow (Lows) pushing back up north into CO again Saturday morning??? 

What?  My "barometer" is still "low" but not drastically. 

LOL  on this map, the 4 corners region looks like a war zone! 

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/94fndfd.gif

It's LATE and I'm done playing and projecting weather for this night.  Our power is still ON so :amen:   and good night.  

MtRider   :offtobed:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We may just get rain but haven't seen how cold it will get yet. Draining the well pump might have not been necessary but better safe than sorry. Really hoping some of it goes around us. 

• Like 1

Power still on here but some places lost power.  It really is a lot of snow.  Will be glad when S can come get our driveway. 

MtRider  ...keeping my eye on the Highs and Lows while they dance in the SW.

• Like 1

Temps are warming up now. In the low 60's. Not much in rain just some sprinkles during the night as my GS was saying. Don't think we will get the bad weather everyone else is getting. 

Mt. Rider glad you still have electricity. Hope it stays that way. 

• Thanks 1

Electricty is still on.  Others have regained their power...not all. 

Remember how I was getting confused here... Thursday nite around midnight?  .... see above post....

The High pressure systems were dancing with the Low pressure systems.  They can't be in the same place.  The Highs chased the Lows into AZ and NM.  Check!  That happened .....and we've had two sunny days. B)   Check!  Had that.  But the forecast I was looking at on Thurs night predicted the Highs ultimately LOST THE BATTLE and ran back up NW again...today. 

The Lows are repopulating Colorado.... :blink: 

MtRider  :sigh:   It's snowing. 

• Like 1

We are in the high 70's today. Really nice and sunny today.  Heading back out to finish the last water barrel soon. Needed GS's help on that but didn't want to disturb him while doing his taxes. He uses Turbo tax. 

I'm fine. Thanks for asking! It was so bad down there. :(

It went south of me. I'm in the Cleveland (Cuyahoga County) area. Way up north east. 

It's snowing right now.  :blink:

:grouphug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1