MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

School Starts

I can't believe it. Most schools around here will be starting on August 9th which is pretty darn early. However, the county schools in the next county over started today! It's still just July. I guess alot of the Mom's will be happy though!

When does school start where you live?

I'm the kind of mom that cries when school starts!

I miss my DD when the school has her more than we do! Our school's start August 26th. I sure do love the laid-back days of summer!

Wow, school starting in July is much too soon!

School here starts August 20th... I think my kids are ready.. I go back and forth on how I feel about school and summer... When I homeschooled the kids they were younger and much easier to get along with. My oldest daughter is so looking forward to highschool. The neighbor boy wants to take her to school sometimes. He gets his license in September.. I told that would be ok now and then, unless he screwed up because I didn't want her dad to go back to jail.. Just kidding Mike has never been in jail. But it sounded good.

My kids go back Aug 31. I am worried about the boys since last year was so miserable for them. Hopefully the school's plan for this year will be an improvement. DD is happy to be starting 7th grade and she'll be taking classes at the learning center for everything except Math which I will cover here at home. It will be strange to have Nick here alone most of the day What will I do with a 2 yr old all day

Ours starts August 25th which means I'll go back to work that day too with teaching preschool. I can't wait to see all my little people again but I'm not sure about a whole year of it!

My girls go back on the 20th. And Ds goes back the 24th.. They are all ready to go back. Took them to the Dr this afternoon.DS needed his ADD meds and DD needed a physical before entering High School. The twins need booster shots too. Lil DD can't wait for school to start! Been hearing about it every single day for the last 2 weeks. Ever since we went school shopping! I am glad she is excited , I hope she always enjoys it.

When my boys were still in school, this time of year was one of my worst. They always went back to school right after Labor Day weekend - our fair and Rodeo time. It was such a bitter sweet time for me. We all really loved being home together and not having the pressure of school upon us all.

I think now I would homeschool my kids. I was very close to my boys and would stop by school just to say hi. Now days they don't allow that here. My oldest was very different in school than he was in the summer. I always felt that his shyness made him suffer so in school.

I know that many of you are relieved when school begins and I would be too after we got into the routine but for me this was my hardest time of year.... letting go.

Oddly enough, I had no problems when my boys left home. I guess we were all ready by that time.