MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pictures

Snowmom

Ok, they started out in IN., but moved to Mapleton, Monona C., IA and Chambers, NE. The one in the picture was living in NE when I was very young and then moved to MN. The man in the picture is Condary Carency Jones, son of Thomas Benton Jones and Sarah Anne (Scott) Jones. He was born in Waynesburg, Indiana and they moved to IA before 1872, as that was when and where my grandmother was born.

There were three other children in the family, Nathan Lee Jones, William Edgar Jones and an infant Jones born in 1880. The infant has no name that we know of and all we have is Infant Jones in our records.

Do you know anything of your Great-great grandfather Jones??? or any generation that would have been born around 1800 or 1812?? Our Great-great Grandfather Horace Lee Jones was born in KY, but ended up in IN. There is a story about he and some brothers swimming the Ohio River as they were running away from home. Have either of you heard anything like this in your past generations?

Horace was married to Elizabeth Sidwell and after her death, he married her sister, Eleanor Sidwell.

Thomas Benton Jones had brothers, John W. Jones, born in 1841 in IN.; James Jones, born in 1844 in IN. and William Edward Jones, born in 1846, in IN. I have nothing on John or James, but do have that William's wife was Sarah E. Glass and they were married in (Decatur Co.) Indiana, June 2, 1872. Any of this ring a bell with either of you?????

One never knows, people moved around and sometimes away from family back then too.

Snow I have to dig up my paper recods and look, but I know there are Jones with Benton as a middle name in my line as well- could be a link to someone related to the Benton who founded Bentonsport IA! Also my Jones family went to NE at some point before moving west to WA/ID with my Freeman line.

Archived