MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

1/2 hour untill dinner.

I went and got groceries today. When I got home I started dinner. As I was waiting for the water to boil for pasta I started a load of laundry and folded the towels that were left in the dryer and put them away. When I got back into the kitchen Son was at the stove helping to make dinner. I went to the refrigerator to get the what I needed to finish dinner I noticed that he had all ready gotten in to the cheese sticks. When I made a comment about him finding the cheese sticks he said" that's not all I found".

Cheese sticks and half a pack of cookies gone in the few minutes he was alone in the kitchen.

While he was making dinner,

There is no left overs from dinner either.

Boys, eh? :24:

I really have to make a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. It's been WAY too long since I did.

LilDD has her very last day of school today... bye, bye Sophomore year! It's been a tough one but she persevered. :wub:

:gathering:

He has been doing weight lifting at the school 3 times a week to get in shape for football. He started that back in January. He has lost 20 lbs and grew 1 inch. Another 1 1/2''

and he will be as tall as his Dad.

As soon as DD2 found the marshmellows the other half of the cookies were gone.

She made lazy s'mores

http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/07/lazy-smores.html

Hollow leg syndrome..... :grinning-smiley-044:

Like TMC says, hide the goodies! Or bag up some cheese stix and label MOM's. They touch, then they need to do a carwash to raise money to pay that back! or go collect cans and turn them in and buy you some more!

Its hard, not being able to have 'more than plenty', its hard to have 'just enough' now.... they need to learn that maybe?

He would survive til supper time.

When mine was at that age he about ate me out of house and home. He was in sports too.

Start labeling things in the freezer like "liver" or "dog food" or what ever else he may not eat. If memory serves me right...that won't deter them for very long though. :grinning-smiley-044:

I have a habit of hiding the "good stuff" or at least some of the good stuff in order to ration it. If I don't, there is never any left when I want some!

I have struggled on that a bit. My dad and my brother hogging anything remotely yummy gave me some portion control issues. Pile your plate high because there'll be no chance for seconds. Grab your share of pizza/chips/ice cream/cookies right away; it won't be there if you save any for later. This stemming from Dad growing up on a farm and there being much livelier competition for the main dish.

Absolutely NO incentive to even try saving anything for later...

One boyfriend thought it was cute to steal off my plate...he almost had a fork sticking out the back of his hand a couple times.

When I lived on my own, it took a while to sink in that if I only grab ONE handful of chips, the bag will still be there later. Same for the ice cream. Same for the pizza.

My DH at least ASKS "hey are you going to eat that?" and hastily adds "I DO NOT mean to short you of your fair share, if you want that bit it's perfectly fine but if you're getting full I'd like -that- bit." It still took me a while to kick the "pile the plate" habit. You can get away with that at 17, but I'm reaching the point where my metabolism isn't what it used to be.