MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday October 12, 2005

Synn

Good Morning all! I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today..

Do you ever have those mornings where instead of telling your husband "see you tonight", but you'd rather say "Don't Bother coming home"? Yeah I am havin one of those days!

How about the days you'd rather stay in bed but you know that mountain of laundry won't get done on it's own. Yeah I am having one of those days too!

How about those days where even though you chose to homeschool your child because you feels it's the best for them, but do you ever think man I wish this kid went to school.. Yep that's me today.. (Lately I have been considering it.. But when I think how long our driveway is and how small she is (7) and I have no car to get her up and down it... I think NOT)

I promised DH last night that I would make his favorite meal of Fried Chicken Mashed Potatoes with Gravy and Corn tonight.. What I really want to do is throw that bird out to the dogs and throw the potatoes at his head..

Can you tell I haven't had a cigarette in almost 2 weeks? How about my caffiene intake has gone from nearly a gallon of mountain dew a day to just brewed tea?

You know what? I am just going to go back to bed and start over!!!!! Ok I am done now.. Shewww do I feel better.....

Well my day is finally leveling out emotionally I think..It went from bad (my first post of the day) to worse (when I found out Carla had passed away)Now it's 1:30 pm.. I am feeling a little better..I did start that laundry pile and was able to mop the bathroom and kitchen floors, as well as help Jo get her studies done for the day.. Now she is outside playing and it's so very quiet here in the house. I really should go up and declutter my living room.. But I think I will just sit in my rocker and read Carla's book for awhile and then go ahead and make Mike's fried chicken.. Thank ya all for your encouraging words..

habits..arrgh, they are fun to make, and hard to break eh? the habit i am tryingt oget rid of right now is -ok, habits, plural- over spending, and being so darn cranky all the time. funny thing is i started getting short-tempered and cranky about the same time we moved to this tiny little basement suite that i hate. heh heh glad we are moving :P i also want to get rid of the hiccups. ow.

i quit smoking about the time i got pregnant with my second daughter. i quit drinking about the time i met my husband. i was a horrible alcoholic, and now i am only addicted to cola. 3 litres a day! yikes. that started in my last pregnancy, i had cravings for pepsi. and i caved. lol maybe i should cut my cola intake. i drink a half a pot of coffee in the morning, cola all day and then tea in the evening.

DH came home for a visit on his lunch break and i was supposed to make lunch for him but i fell asleep on the sofa and never made anything so i ended up feeding him yogurt, cookies and an apple. heh heh he usually phones me on his breaks and the guys he works with tease him about talking on the phone more than a 13 year old girl. lol

my mom just called and she had good news. her colesterol went from being 8.7 to 5. go mama!!

I am feeling better, too. After I ranted I took a blood sugar test and for the first time it was high (202). That's what the cookie spree did and it's another wake up call. So I've rested today, eaten properly, retested bs and it's in good ranges, DH & I worked out the tax thing. Tomorrow will be even better.

Friends, I remember what it was like when the kids would get sick one after the other and then I'd get it and it seemed like we'd been sick forever and ever. Not fun. What would we do without MrsS?

Well Peaceful, 202 is not great but considering you had a cookie spree, it could have been much worse.

Buttercup, at least you have a VERY good excuse. Quitting smoking is so tough. I know DH is a bear every time he tries.

Snowmom, did you watch the Amazing Race last night? I taped it so I could watch the parts done in Huntsville. We used to live in HSV until DH retired. DS and family still live there.

This week is fall break. Princess Sr. spent the night with us Monday and Tuesday. We took her back and brought back Princess Jr. to stay tonight. They are all at such a fun age. Princess Sr. actually worked clearing brush with DH yesterday. She loves to clear brush since we burn it at night and cook hotdogs and marshmallows over it.

Guess I better get to bed. Three year olds get up pretty early in the am!

Archived