MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Meatloaf recipe wanted

My husband loves meatloaf from the store but I can not seem to find a recipe he likes at home. Does anyone have a good recipe, no mushrooms, they would share with me? I looked on the online cookbook and did not find one. I know there are lots of recipe websites but that can be a real crapshoot as I have learned the hard way.

This was my Grandma's recipe and everyone who has tried it absolutely love it!

1 lb ground beef

1/4 cup catsup

1 small onion chopped

6-8 crackers crushed

1 egg

salt

pepper

pinch of oregano

1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together. Then form a meatloaf into a pie plate leaving 1 inch space between meatloaf and sides of pan. Fill this space with 3/4 inch water and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (The water helps steam the meatloaf and provide moisture that will make the meatloaf juicy, not dry).

I hope you enjoy!

This recipe is a family favorite. The stuffing gives it a unique yet moist texture and flavor. Try using some variations for a little flavor change!

1 lb extra lean ground beef

1 box Stovetop chicken stuffing

1 cup water

2 tsp chili powder

3/4 cup chunky salsa

Mix thoroughly and press into pan. Bake at 350 for approximately 2 hrs. Top with shredded cheddar cheese for a tasty fiesta treat!

Make any recipe you like and leave out the mushrooms. If your husband is not allergic and just doesn't like mushrooms, run them a food processor into mush and add them. If you job them fine, they can't find them and so no problem...do it all the time with the kids. I also use it for onions, peppers, mushrooms, black olives all the stuff my kids would pick out if they had a chance.

2 pounds hamb

1 small onion

3 stalks celery

couple tablespoons catsup

tablespoon miracle whip

couple slices of crumbled bread or some crackers

1 egg

1/8 cup milk

salt, pepper, garlic

You can add a shredded carrot also

I love cookbooks but rarely use them for anything other than reference. I also create a lot of recipes but never measure or write them down.

I know what goes in them so, it doesn't matter. Maybe I should start recording my recipes for the future.

I make a really good meatloaf but, I cook by sight, feel and taste, so this may be a little hard for me to get it exactly right. I'll give it a shot anyway...

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2 lbs 7% fat ground beef

1 lb ground turkey

1 lb ground pork

1- 1/2 cups thick rolled oats (old-fashioned oatmeal will work)

1 cup Progresso or Japanese panko bread crumbs

3 tablespoons dried minced onion

1 tablespoon granulated or powdered garlic

2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons sea salt (or 1 tsp table salt)

Mix all ingredients thoroughly then add;

3/4 to 1 cup ketchup or tomato sauce

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce

2 teaspoons Frank's red hot or Tabasco sauce

3 or 4 eggs - slightly beaten- depending on size of eggs

1 large handful of love! (not kidding!)

Mix until everything is incorporated.

Shape into a loaf in a large flat pan, bake about an hour or until it is browned and slightly caramelized at the edges. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.

We didn't eat meatloaf for years because I couldn't fine a recipe that we liked until this one:

1 T. veg. oil

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

2 1/4 pound ground chuck

1/2 cup ketchup

3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs

1 1/2 t. salt

2 t. minced garlic

1 Tablespoon prepared mustard

1 1/2 Tablespoons worchestershire sauce

1 egg

1 Tablespoon dried parsley

4 slices raw bacon

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

In small skillet, heat oil; add onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat about 4 min. Set aside to cool.

In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except bacon) and cooled onions and garlic.

Oil pans. Put in mixture.

Wrap bacon around loaf, tucking ends under loaf.

Bake 1 hour.

Let it rest 10-15 min. before slicing.

• 6 years later...

:bump1: Here's one of our older threads with recipes.

I make mine with a pound of hamburger and 1/2 pound ground sausage. Cup of chopped onions (DH loves onions), one envelope onion soup (dry mix), salt and pepper, two eggs, quarter cup of milk, half a cup catsup, half teaspoon of dry ground mustard, couple of teaspoons of brown sugar, and a sleeve of crushed saltines (or a cup of oatmeal). Mix well, place in loaf pan, make an indentation down the center and fill with catsup. (It just looks and tastes good.) And bake for an hour at 325-350 degrees F.

If you don't have dry onion soup mix, a teaspoon or more of dry beef bouillon will add nearly the same flavor.

:shrug: Works for us. :)

• 4 months later...

Don't have any trouble with anyone eating mine...but everyone enjoys their own I think?

1 lb ground beef

4 tablespoons of milk

1 small onion chopped

1 cup cooked brown rice

1 whipped egg

salt

pepper

1 diced green bell pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp. liquid smoke

Mix all ingredients together. Then form a meatloaf and roll up in aluminum foil. Place in your favorite cast iron skillet bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out "done". Unwrap & drizzle ketchup over top and brown under broiler.

This is similar to Joebelle's.

Meatloaf Stuffin' Muffins

2 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey

2 eggs, beaten

1 package Stovetop or other stuffing mix

1 packette Lipton's Onion Soup Mix

1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degree.

Mix all ingredients in an extra large bowl. Portion out into 12 muffin pan cups. Bake for half an hour.

These freeze and reheat well.