MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Guest Guest

Yup! That would be the right place and as you can see, the field is almost wide open for grabs. You can take your choice of anything that does not have a name by it. If you are reluctant to write something yourself you could do a search on the posts here as there's lots of info on so many subjects and pull them together. Suzyq has been gathreing a list of posts about emergency refrigeration and has found several. I'm trying to talk her into writing something up on it for us

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay members, who wants to tackle the subject of emergency refrigeration?? Suzyq has some info to share so she's done part of the work already.

I can tackle the emergency refrigeration possibilities for the warmer climates...it's been too long since I've lived up north to know all the ways we can keep things cool there...but down here in the sub-tropics, oy vey *sigh*...

Pogo, bless you. I will pencil you in on Lighting right away.

As you can see, Darlene has offered to do Refrigeration, Bless you too Darlene. Suzyq didn't want to tackle it herself but was willing to share her info with whomever did. She's pulled some great posts I believe. Also, Darlene, you might check out the Are You Really Ready forum (I belive that's where it was) for some emergency refrigeration ideas. There was some info from up North there too I believe.

Thanks both of you for volunteering and thanks to Suzyq and to Pixie who is volunteering in another post to help with research. And anyone else I'm missing. This forum is really starting to buzz again.

Quote:
As you can see, Darlene has offered to do Refrigeration, Bless you too Darlene. Suzyq didn't want to tackle it herself but was willing to share her info with whomever did. She's pulled some great posts I believe. Also, Darlene, you might check out the Are You Really Ready forum (I belive that's where it was) for some emergency refrigeration ideas. There was some info from up North there too I believe.

Now you just hold your panties on here...ROFL!

I said....and I QUOTE rofl :

"I can tackle the emergency refrigeration possibilities for the warmer climates ...it's been too long since I've lived up north to know all the ways we can keep things cool there...but down here in the sub-tropics, oy vey *sigh*...

Suzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...HELP! This is a set up, I swear it is, I can just tell it is, I just have a feeling it is, my gut tells me it is....ROFL!

ROFL!

okokokok...hurricanes and refrigeration...they go well together, don't ya think?

"I can tackle the emergency refrigeration possibilities for the warmer climates...it's been too long since I've lived up north to know all the ways we can keep things cool there...but down here in the sub-tropics, oy vey *sigh*... "

"up north" we just leave it inthe snow. rofl

i thought about that; where i live, in the winter time, i would just put my fridge stuff in my van. it would be cold enough there. maybe even too cold. (frozen milk? hah hah) somethings in the fridge dont really go bad if left out for a week or more, like ketchup, or mustard, or soy sauce....stuff like that.

When you are near a river or other cold water, you can put stuff in the water, when we go to the river in the summer we put our beer in and it gets nice and cold (but guys usually just stick it in the sand and sometimes the cans will float away (such a tragedy, ha ha! oops, did i kick that?))

I'm new here, but I have something to add (if it's OK);

Most people have not been around death. Here in the US, most people do not die at home and if they do, there are very few people present when they expire. I am not a physician, cannot pronounce death, and would suggest this only in extreme emergency conditions. Death can usually be determined by absence of breathing and heartbeat. Place your hands on patient's chest to determine for breath. Place your face close to theirs and look, listen and feel for breath. Listen for a full minute with a stethoscope over the area of the heart (between collarbone and nipple to the patient's left of the breastbone). Pupils will be dilated and fixed (will not react to light). If patient has been deceased for a while (time depends on condition and reason for death), lividity will occur. The blood will fall to the lowermost area of the body and that area will appear severely bruised. Rigor mortis will also set in. The body will loosen back up after about 18-24 hours after death (unsure of this exact time frame).

In addition to the items listed for a death certificate, I would add the person's ID number (social security number for us in the U.S.) if it is available; also the names of their parents and the place of their birth. This could help confirm identity later by the authorities if needed.

Archived