MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need directions

brightblessings5

sure! i'll join ya. i warn you though, i have only been fishing once. i caught a lot that day..a weed fish, a tree fish, a bever dam fish, and even an SUV fish. not so tasty, really. tom sawyer always made it look so easy, dozing under a tree with the line in the water...

when i lived with my grandparents they took my fishing almost every sunday. i dont really count those times because the main reason i went is because i was young enopugh to not need a fishing license, and they needed me there so that they could hand me the rod if anyone asked questions. lol i didnt really wanna go. if you were 13 and got to choose between hanging out with your friends, or fishing with a couple dinosaurs, what would you choose? lol no one ever caught anything though. lol ogopogo ate all the fish. him and bigfoot.

Well, I'll be happy to mapquest a place for you, but I sure am not going!

I went fishing once, too. Unlike Pixie, I caught the biggest of the fish that day (had to be one of God's jokes)and I was very proud and excited. I was only 9 or 10. Anyway, I was just the happiest little girl you ever did see...until we got home and the grownups announced that lunch would be ready soon, and I would be eating what I had caught! Do you know what Castor oil is? That's what I had for 'lunch' because I refused to eat that fish.

Nope, not going to haul in any more trouble than my life already holds. Hope Pixie is a good fishing companion!

Well You're not getting me in a boat with all of you BUT, I'll come and set on the shore, tend the fire and stir up a pan of hush puppies while I'm waiting to cook that fish for you. Nothing better than fresh caught fish, seasoned just right, and fried over an open fire.

Can we then set around the fire until late in the evening, toast marshmallows (or Peeps

I think that I will keep Mother company. I can fetch the wood when we need to build up the fire. I can light the lanterns, boil the water for hot chocolate, get the sicks for the marshmallows and skewer those Peeps! Oh, and I will guard the Hershey bars, you know the ones for the s'mores.

o o o o o ... i want to go too... love to fish... and here in the Great Lake State there is lots of nice places to go..

i havn't been fishing in a while but have my pole and ready to go... there is nothing better tasting then fresh fish fried over an open fire...

Pixie, unfortunately I DO call my Peeps "Peeples" and I absolutely LOVE to uhmmm welllll uh,,,, blow them up in the microwave if I can't have them over an open fire. Marshmallow Peeples get just as soft and gooey in the microwave as marshmallows do toasted over an open fire. MMMMMM MMM!

WOW. What a great start to our party. Let's see... so far:

Necie

Pixie

Grace

Wink

Theyd

Mother

CeeGee

I have a whole bunch of good fishing spots. My favorites:

I grew up in SW Michigan-

South Haven, Lake Michigan. Dad used to take us out on the boat for week-ends salmon fishing. Us girls weren't allowed to eat the salmon, though, until we weren't gonna have anymore kids. Mercury warnings. First time I ate poached salmon with melted butter I ate so much I about got sick and couldn't stand the sight of salmon for years.

Grandpa's pond. Lots of BIG bass. Watch out for the horses, though. The pond is in their pasture and they like to sneak up behind ya and give ya a shove.....SPLASH!

I'll fish...but from the shore....a boat means water and I don't do water that goes past my waist. I've tried to drown to many times (NOT on purpose!!!) so I'll just stay away from there

Need any help here on the shore? I brought giant chocolate bars and graham crackers....

I'll go, but I'm leaving the kids behind. The first fish my daughter ever got was one that someone had cleaned and dropped back in the water...she was so proud and told everyone that she caught a fillet of fish.

My grandson caught a 21 inch big mouth bass that stayed at his adopted Dad's (great uncle in reality) and so I didn't get to eat any, but I got a bunch of crabs instead so I was okay and some bluegills and hybrids so I was content with those.

My son caught a 22 inch catfish with his Dad. They cleaned it and I soaked it, but they had killed it right away and not given it anytime in clean fresh water. So, I fried it up and we had it for supper. He took a big piece and while eating it you could tell that he was really thinking hard, trying to figure out the best way to describe it. Finally he said.."this fish tastes just like the river smells", yep it was that bad. I always allow catfish to live for a couple of days in fresh clean water and then kill them, soak them and cook them...they taste like farm raised then instead of mud.

Anyway, I'll grab my poles, but those show off kids are staying home. Since, I don't drink how about some non-alcoholic sparkling apple cider to go with those fish and hushpuppies (do you add a touch of onion to yours?).

Hmmmm...I like fruit, but I really will want something more.

Hey! What about I bring fresh bread and cranberry slaw? Oh! And an assortment of chesses? Now, I think I'd like some food freindly wine, but I'm NOT going on any boat where you guys may have had a few. I can't swim, and DH says that when I'm scared my yell is about as loud as a mouse's. I DO panick with enthusiasm though

Archived