MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday, Monday

mommafitz

Morning!

We still have three more weeks before school starts. Youngest DD is counting down the days, she feels she's such a big girl cause she's going into kindergarten.

Today I actually feel human...ought to last until I eat. Told DH last night, as long as I don't eat, I don't get nauseous. Don't think that's an option. At least I don't feel icky all day thought. It keeps getting better.

Need to mop, get new chore lists printed for the kids, and make some progress on cleaning my room, it's a disaster area. Everything in the house that doesn't have a home gets dumped here. Oh, laundry too, before it rains.

Supposed to be high 80s here. Again, not sure what dinner is, somehting with hamburger. Taking out a brisket for fajitas later this week.

Mo7

Afternoon all! Another hot day. I waited until almost dark yesterday to go outside and water flowers and pick my dried pea pods for seed next year. Ever since this heat wave hit the country I've been wondering how people would make it if something happens to the power grids. How did they used to make it in this kind of heat? I'm getting sorry for all the animals out in this. We have fans on our older dogs, but I know it's tough on any of them.

I hear thunder! Probably just teasing though. We're going to connect all our water hoses this evening and water the garden here at the house. Some of the corn is ready to put up but I'm thinking it may be dry unless we water tonight and pick tomorrow. The other garden across the road is just hurting though. There's no way to water it.

Mommafitz, my MIL used to freeze tomatoes and they were good. I may have to do mine that way. I'm in the same shape you are. Even though I planted several tomato plants they haven't done well. I don't yet have enough to can either.

Mo7, our schools started here today for the kids. The teachers went back Friday.

Snowmom, so glad you got to talk to your son! I keep all of the soldiers and their families in my prayers.

Back to work..

Kaye

Hello everyone,

Snowmom, so glad you heard from your son!! I know how we always cherished those phone calls. We continue to pray for all of our troops.

Mom7, glad you're starting to feel better. As my DH used to tell me, "each day brings you closer to the baby". Somehow, that wasn't always comforting when I was feeling so rough. Lol

Mommafitz, we have 3 tomato plants. They are growing, but no tomatoes. Darn.

Took our DS to the doctor for an MRI on his knee (he hurt it playing indoor soccer-a week ago). Doctor thought he had just pulled some muscle. No, he tore his ACL. Will have surgery on the 23rd. Not sure yet how he will handle college this semester (will try and do online classes). He was going to talk to his work today (he teaches ballroom dancing). Haven't heard from him to see what they say. This has been a real interesting year for us.

Anyway, you all take care.

Hey Ladies!!!!!!

Got a call from the nurse and everything is good. No cancer!

I still gotta schedule a hysterectomy but I'll be able to do it on my own time!!!

Happy dance!!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!!

mommafitz

Oh...today I made tons of homemade granolla, some for now some to freeze...me and my freezing!

I made taco soup and more garden vegetable soup to freeze for winter.

Shredded more zuchinni to freeze for winter, great as a filler for spaghetti sauce or whatever.

Spent time with kiddies and talked on the phone to a very old good friend of mine, nice to be reconnected with her. I really have a connection with this lady and feel I can share anything with her in confidentiality and that is real friendship.

Okay I'm done.

After the day I had yesterday, I decided to visit the doc today. My boss recommended his. Of course, on short notice I didn't see a 'regular' doc. I did however see a nurse practitioner, an intern, and the doc on call at the clinic. They spent about two hours with me. An EKG was inconclusive, so I'm supposed to go for a bunch of blood work and a stress EKG. The doc wants to rule out acid reflux, so I'm supposed to quit coffee and take Tums when I have pain. At least this doc didn't look at me with that "Poor woman, must be under stress" look and ask me if I'm feeling depressed or stressed! She also gave me 'exercises' that are supposed to help put the tiny floating crystals in my inner ear fluid back where they are supposed to be. Kind of funny, when I went in and talked to the nurse practitioner, I said I was experiencing vertigo and she said, "Have you been diagnosed with vertigo?" I hadn't, but that's what the doc says it is!

Archived