MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Terrific Tuesday

mommafitz

Hi everyone

It is late and I have just finished an assignment so that I can go away for a few days ) It will be 3 days of great fellowship and food and fun. Youngest DD is going with us the older 2 can look after themselves.

So I will see you all when I get back!

Oh ... am I glad that none of you can catch me with a camera!!!

Take care

Sue

Mommafitz, please check this out before you get your surgery. I have known people who's surgeries were pre-approved and then the insurance company refused to pay. They even did that to DH once. They approved him for some expensive tests and then they didn't pay.It's a shame you can't trust your own insurance company anymore.

It's another hot day but not as hot as last week. We still need rain badly.

Dh started a part time job yesterday. He is helping a new company get set up. He doesn't want a career at his age, but social security is stretched way too thin so it will help for as long as he works. I can get caught up on everything and even a little ahead I hope.

I need to get moving and take advantage of him being gone. Time to do intensive cleaning and organizing!

Have a great day all.

OK, two miraculous things happened today...well, they are little miracles, but I'll take them.

1. I thought I had a virus. I could get online, but not go to websites. Went through and did all kinds of things, computer would not let me do a system restore. Finally, I'm here. Don't know how, LOL, but I'm here. I do need to do some maintenance on the computer, and buy a new virus scan program. The one I use is on the internet LOL...can't very well scan if I can't get online! so, mysteriously, it fixed itself.

2. I've discussed how part of the reason I'm doing consignment now is because the consignment store here in town is closing. She just called and wants to place all of her stuff with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be a HUGE account! I'm so excited!

We still havent gotten DH's test results in, but they told him yesterday what his job will be WHEN he's hired. It has just been the most wonderful two days! He will be the fill in carrier, so he has to learn all the routes, as he will carry then all on the regular carrier's day off (there's only six routes in the town where he works). He already knows two of them really well and one sort of well. Because he's already been there through their probation period, his benefits will start almost immediately, so that takes care of that. We can get rid of our old icky self pay insurance.

Momo, what wonderful news for you on Dh's job. I'm really worrying about what we're going to do come that time. DH will be fully vested in his pension about a month after his 61st birthday, but who knows what it will be like by then. I KNOW my DH will work part time, though, because he will go crazy staying at home. I've been self employed most of my life so I won't have a pension or social security.

Yesterday I almost finished my room, and got half of the kitchen completely done. Time to get to work onthe rest!

Mo7

Morning all! Or is it afternoon?

I'm still cleaning house today. Ahh..now I remember. You NEVER get done with that, do you? You clean one mess, and hubby makes two. And I have to admit, I'm not the most neat person around either.

Mommafitz, don't you just love the way these insurance companies will try anything to get out of paying for something?

Have a wonderful vacation, Sue!

Hopefully Snowmom, life has just got in the way of the others posting for a while.

Momo, I can't get anything done with hubby hanging around, or anyone for that matter! I work much better alone.

Wonderful news, Mo7! I wish you well with your venture. And good news about hubby also!

Back to work..have a great day all!

Kaye

pat went over to my inlaws to talk to them about co-signing for a car, and they refuse to do it. not my MIL, she still wants to, but my FIL. he wont allow her to co-sign. and since they have joint accounts, she has no choice but to do what he sais. even though she has her own credit, AND makes more than he does. it makes me so mad. now we have to buy a junker that we will have to spend oodles on in repairs or pat will will have to quit his apprenticeship, and go back to minimum wage. i feel like he is saying no to spite me because he has never liked me. by the time we have our credit to a place where we dont need co-signers, we will have sunk 18 thousand into a junker car, when we could have had a new one for less.

i have been happy today, but wiht alternating bouts of sadness and anger at odd times, like anytime anyone asks me when we will be getting our new car, or when someone mentions cars...and well, i work in a gas station.

i am going to dig up my potatoes today. the tops are dying back.

we will have something potatoey for dinner. yumyum!

well, have a good day everyone!

Archived