MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New here but not to preps

Vic303

Hi everyone, I am new here, but not to prepping. MY DH & I have been somewhat into preps since Y2K, but have gotten serious about it in the last 3 yrs.

I am pretty well known on many of the gun forums, as I am a diehard gun-chick...also a knife nut, but hey, ya gotta have something when ya run out of ammo, right?

My house is in near-constant chaos, with 3 'monkeys' under 5yrs old, and 2 big Ridgeback dogs...

I have a number of hobbies, including dog rescue, kayaks, bicycling, shooting/hunting, and ham radio. I licensed in 1992 and keep meaning to upgrade to General, but have not gotten around to it...

That's me in a nutshell.

--Vic

Welcome to MrsS! I'm so glad you're here...you will be an asset to our group that is either already into personal protection, or just starting out.

The Ridgeback's are beautiful dogs...I have 2 Anatolians (with probably more coming if I know myself well lol).

My monkeys are growing up and the house still has lots of chaos, just different, and requires less hands on from me.

I'm still thinking that age old question...

"When I grow up, I wanna..."

Welcome!

Welcome to the group Vic. You have lots of hobbies so Im sure you could answer lots of questions on the boards. Definately an asset as Dar said. I might have to pick your brain a bit on the ham radio eventually.

Make yourself at home. I hope to get a chance to chat with you .

-Julie

Vic, before the move we had regularly schedule chat times...it's been almost 2 months though since we've done that consistantly and I know that many would be interested.

I'll make another post to get a feel for what times generally would work for other people.

Howdy! And Welcome! It's nice to have another confessed gun nut around! DH and I are both into guns.

We have two small terrors running around the house! I even picked out our last rifle purchase with the kids in mind! It'll be a while before they can use it but when they are ready it'll be here!

Take care!

hi i'm new here too but remember this site from Y2K i've been into preps for a long time always kept several months worth of food in the house incase the military messed up our pay really got into storing alot before Y2K but since 911 i really try to keep stocked up and learning more about long term storage and use of grains that need to be ground learning about non electric appliances like grinders and pasta makers so everything can be made from the stored grains trying to teach my grown children to keep stocked up and why it's important

Archived