MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It is really Friday today

Snowmom

Stay safe Skagitgal! We were supposed to get hit with some of that but it went further north and all we got was some rain and now sunshine.

Snowmom, we all have stockings too. Same ones we got when were first married and the kids have the same ones even though the oldest 2 are in their 20's. They still like to get into them.

Stacy

Oh Snowmom, I'm smiling ear to ear. I love your decorative posts!

Skagitgal, it's been nuts around here too but more so down South it seems lately. Sounds like you are doing well.

Stacy, I think it's great that you kept the kids stockings since they were young! Wish I still had mine. I figure mine was just an old sock though so maybe I'm better off, LOL!

Blessings everyone....anyone want some snow?

Sunny, I would love some snow, but it might melt quick!

We gave the girls stockings when they were small, I keep asking them when they are going to get Mum and Dad stockings, but that hasn't happened, so my big girls still want their stockings filled each year!

My cards were posted yesterday, I have one more box to post and that side of Christmas is done, then it is time to start the cooking, shortbread, sugared peanuts, rocky road ... Oh my it will be a sweet house this week!

Sue

We survived the winds also. It was really something. We were without power until 3:30 this afternoon. I have a generator, propane heater, kerosene heater, coleman stove lanterns, candles, flashlights. I am sure glad we have power. Unfortunately several people did die from the storm. There are thousands of people without power. Even the airport (Seatac) is without power. Praise God it is over.

SafteyLady2, how close to the coast are you? We are 6mi. as the crow flies from N. Puget Sound. DD1 & hubby live on Whidby Is.; they said all but the rocks were blowing last night. They have no power; but have generator, etc. This was quite a test of the preps state of mind. Praise to the Lord that you and yours are safe.

We lost our power last night 3 or 4 times and finally lost it around 6 or so and stayed off until about 6 this morning. We don't have a wood stove, but we have a propane stove, so at least we can cook when lots of our neighbors can't. Too many trees in the roads for DH to make it to work today.

A couple hours ago I found out that the water shed's pump isn't working because of the power losses. So the water is supposed to last until around noon tomorrow, and then nobody knows how long it will take to get it back on.

Archived