MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Itty bitty grill...

I live by myself. I love cooking over fire, but rarely get to as 1) generally too much work to make a fire, then only cook food for one person and 2) ground fires tend to be banned in my area on a regular basis.

I have found an itty bitty teeny tiny charcoal grill that I believe I will have to purchase after I get home from Christmas.

The firebowl is basically a steamer without the holes.

The Grilliput goes over it and is designed so it can be carried in a little tube.

Isn't that spiffy?

Oooooh, that IS cool! We love grilling. I have a very old itty bitty hibachi grill that is just big enough to do one hamburger. I love it! It has different height adjustments on the back for the rack and a wooden handle on the rack so you can raise and lower it without burning your fingers. Then I got one of those Lodge type hibachi grills that'll do 3 or 4 burgers or one good size steak. It came with a leg kit, so we use it on the legs at home or would take the legs off to take it camping. Ooooooh, you're making me want to grill up a nice juicey steak!

I think I'm going to have to get one after Christmas to try it out. After that, it shall live in a small bucket in my car, along with another small bucket with charcoal in it (if I can't get it all in one bucket). That way it'll pretty much be whereever I want to use it.

Archived