MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Armyof5God? High Altitude?

cookiejar

hey

happy now? *giggle*

My name is Kayla, I am married and have 3 boys- Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3. Actually I named them all sebtrickee, seeing as how I can never get their name right on the first try, I have to begin ALL of their names before deciding on which one I am speaking to. A few of you know me from other boards. I live in Georgia, I was born in England. I love God, I'm still learning how to be a CHRISTian, love gardening, reading (cookooks, homesteading, gardeing, home ec type self help books), I LOVE to cook and bake, Hubba-bubba says I should own stock in rubbermaid and I homeschool.

This spring we are planning on SFG. I got the book from the library & immediately fell in love. Since we rent in "urban-ia," this seems the best way for us to go. I am working on our way to being a self sufficient family. Of course I need to get a pressure canner, but all in His good time.

OK, I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten, so I suggest you stay tuned, LOL...

PS, you'll have to excuse the typos. No, I mean really HAVE TO! ROFL.....

Hey, hey!

Great to meet you! I've been lurking since my pressure canner arrived last April, but have been too busy cooking up all your yummy recipes to join in the fun.

Alas, #3 of my four home schooled offspring is leaving for college this week and I should have a bit more time to spare. (To all the younger home schooling moms, hang in there and you'll work yourself out of a job you love sooner than you think.)

I'll skip the iced tea for now and grab some hot chocolate. It's cold up here in these mountains!

ArmyOf5ForGod, I just bought Square Foot Gardening at the used book store and I can't wait until spring!

Thanks for the welcome!--H.A.

Don't for a minute, think that we aren't watching you two...

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about our silence to your antics...

The PBC is almost remodeled.

rofl

Quote:
Don't listen to these other folks, I, of course am PURE as the driven snow.

Y'know, snow that's been driven on gets pretty nasty.

As far as bringing Necie iced tea...

I don't do iced tea (I'm a heretical Southerner).

*brings a big pitcher of frozen margaritas and another of strawberry dacquiris*

Pauline, we didn't get much snow with the Denver snowstorms, mostly wind and COLD. #3 is off to BYU-Provo.

Any chocolate cream pies out there? If you throw them at me, I'm gonna catch them and eat them!

HSMom, how's the home schooling going? This is the time of year I usually get burnout. I want to go back to baking Christmas cookies, not teaching Algebra. If I can just make it until spring fever sets in!

--H.A. dreaming of spring...transplants...seeds...compost...

Archived