MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

thursday

Pixie

well, i got a new job, though i have the old one still. i will be working at triple o's sunday monday tuesday and thursday, and i will work at rona on wednesday and fridays. so, one day a week to myself...for now. the more i work, at rona, the less i will work at tripl e o's and by summer, i wont beworking at tripple os anymroe. yay! april 11th is when my discount kicks in for rona, which means all my gardening stuf will be discount!

my power was out for a while, we just survived tropical storm #14. 2 people i work with have lost thier roofs, several trees have fallen on and near houses. the park in the centre of town is a wreck, many trees have fallen on the playground equipment. for dinner when we had no power, we had sandwiches, and soup. i heated canned soup in my findue pot. hee hee. saphire saw how i was cooking and said "wow! mom, you're a genious!!" heh heh i believe i have mrs.s to thank for that idea...i read it somewhere. i nailed all out extra blankets over the wondows so the heat would stay longer. its a good thing the power came back after only a day, because it is -12 here. (i know, i grew up with far colder weather, but this is really cold for where i live) lol well, i am off to bed, i am freezing, my heates dont do a god job, and i live in a drafty house. i need to be between warm sheets! lol

have a good day! er, night

Good morning. With the windchill here it is 30 degrees. It was down into the teens early this morning. I had to stay home today...decided to wash a load of clothes early this morning and stuff started backing up in to the toilets and tubs in both bathrooms. Nasty!Right now I have plumbers here digging a hole in the front yard trying to figure out the cause and they are also going to put in a cleanout trap because this house is o old and was never built with one. This is a day I am glad to be renting because it's going to cost my landlady quite a bit of money.

I have the bathrooms closed up with the windows open because it smells so bad and we are using the neighbors bathrooms for now. Ds23 is headed over to Grandmas to take a shower. I feel sorry for the workers because it is so cold out there...my house is cold even with the heaters on. Oh well, I am doing some cleaning out of cabinets since I can't go anywhere and will need to sanitize the tubs and toilets after they are done. Stay warm and don't be too mad at Minnie. Have a nice day.

Stacy

Snowmom LOL. That is a classic picture. You know what Minnie is saying to you don't you? It wasn't me! LOL! Thanks for that.

Pixie, I cannot get over the weather down there. Congrats on your newest job!

I'm going to work tonight! OutI go in this frigid weather, oh well it gets me out of the house and I'm going to do a bit of shopping before I go into work.

Making some crockpot beef soup today, homemade bread that should fill the boys tummies well, I hope. Ds is 16 and eats like a giant so this may only be a snack for him. LOL

God bless all, take care and keep warm!

Archived